Default Tire Wear / Performance for Some Teams vs Others

Maybe it is just me, but has anyone else noticed how tire management has changed for some teams in the past 2 years or so? Drivers used to have to pace their tire wear in order to make it through a 100-lap race.. I remember drivers getting out front (or coming from the back) and setting a blistering pace only to fall out about +/- 60 laps into the feature. Bloomer & Moyer were kings at managing tire wear at Eldora and some of the other 100 lap crown jewels races. I also remember when JD first made some crown jewels and would set a crazy pace to only fall out..

Why (or how) are there about 2-3 teams now that can start out feature events running laps that are very close to qualifying laps (on the cushion) and keep that pace for 75 of a 100 laps race (or 40 of a 50-lap race)?

The bodies have everyone twice as more stuck come feature time then They were 15 years ago is the main reason

Speaking of tires . . . how many tires did the top teams go thru in the three nights at Eldora?