Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Got it . I thought i was seeing some bobby lovers going ga ga over longhorn only for the fact bobby is in one now. my bad.
    Nah, actually not a fan of all these drivers choosing one chassis brand.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I'm aware Phil.

I guess I have a question for the longhorn lovers who claim a Rocket is a Longhorn copy. Why is everyone going to Longhorn if the Rockets are the same thing?

I think too many bought into Rumley's sarcasm about working with Rocket, TBH
    It wasn't sarcasm, it was honest admission. The xr1 is 6 years old. The Longhorn has not remained unchanged in that time. However, the biggest reason to go to Longhorn is monkey see, monkey do.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

your absolutely right MSR , BTW , I can knock the dust off the ole jig and duplicate what ever you bring me if I want , I know where there is a chassis with long horn front and xr1 rear geometry that is doing well , moral , the magic aint in just the tubing anymore ......

A Rocket XR1 is a Longhorn copy? Please enlighten us.
    That is quite ABSURD ! !

As long as I see a good race I don't care if the chassis is a little red wagon. I always admired CJ for how long he was at or near the top of the chassis brands. It goes the same with rocket, they've been around a long time now. Mastersbuilt and BWRC have both been in the fight but they just don't care what's going on nationally. I'd bet both of those shops are just as busy with mimimal people working for them. I also betcha, be it front end or rear end geometry there pretty much all the same today. A car owner today with a ton of financial support and a good team behind him could take that little red wagon chassis company and make it into another longhorn success story. All it takes is cash.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It wasn't sarcasm, it was honest admission. The xr1 is 6 years old. The Longhorn has not remained unchanged in that time. However, the biggest reason to go to Longhorn is monkey see, monkey do.
    You are more knowledgeable about the happenings in the sport than I am. All I remember was Kevin dropping subtle hints about the XR1, but that wasn't until after the racing world blew up about a picture of him and Mark talking. I can't remember those assumptions ever being addressed by either party tbh. Carry on

You are more knowledgeable about the happenings in the sport than I am. All I remember was Kevin dropping subtle hints about the XR1, but that wasn't until after the racing world blew up about a picture of him and Mark talking. I can't remember those assumptions ever being addressed by either party tbh. Carry on
    I'm pretty certain both have addressed it at different times. Kevin was purely a consultant, available to the highest bidder, at the time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'm pretty certain both have addressed it at different times. Kevin was purely a consultant, available to the highest bidder, at the time.
    I wasn't able to find anything about it online, but I believe ya.

I don’t see it happening but it would be fun to see if Hudson and Madden both come out like a house of fire what comments would be

Anything can happen at Speedweeks, that’s what makes it so cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think there is a good chance Hudson does start off strong in Speedweeks. History says it's somewhat likely, based on his and Rocket's past performance. They have and will get plenty of practice laps in.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Hunt the front with the Longhorn. Lots of these teams are eating steak this year.

Rocket1 will run good at Speedweeks, they always do well, especially at East Bay. Madden always runs well at Volusia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Hunt the front with the Longhorn. Lots of these teams are eating steak this year.
    " WIN on SUNDAY eat steak on Monday " ? ?

They won't be running as many races this year since starting their own series. Plus pushing out rugrats at an alarming rate.

That there J. D. Davenport feller is a eati'n FILET MINION, CAVIAR, and LOBSTER with baked Alaska for desert no doubt after the money he garnered last season ? ?

Madden will win in the Rocket. We know that