Default small piece of rubber under motor mount

I have heard of guys putting a small piece of rubber under motor mounts or just right side...anyone hear of this? and why?

Quote Originally Posted by brett4 View Post
    I have heard of guys putting a small piece of rubber under motor mounts or just right side...anyone hear of this? and why?
    It can do 2 things really:

1. Adding compliance to the drive train, just like a 5th coil does. Now is that a good idea? One could argue that's it not as it would be an undampened softening of the 5th coil in a sense.

2. Depending on how the mount or mounts are done: It could add a fair amount of flex to the front area of the chassis.

Had one specific UMP modified chassis that if right side motor mount was tight it was not near as forgiving as if it left it backed off just a bit. Found that out after the RF motor mount was always loose, tighten it back up, and it was loose again when we bolt checked through the week. had worn the mating surfaces. Left it loose and car felt like it had a larger sweet spot.
    won 20 out of 28 with that car in 2008. Hated to sell it. Chassis builder wanted me in new design car. Now every right motor mount on every car i have had since is left a bit loose
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Funny, I noticed my car better on AR tires after I cut the motors mounts out and moved them.