Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They had a really bad wreck tonight at the Chili Bowl.

https://racingnews.co/2023/01/11/ash...h-transported/

Prayers to the whole family and all those who witnessed it. It was reported he was awake and alert.

Poor fella. Hope everything goes well for him.

I was watching on FLO when he wrecked, and it was the scariest thing to see at the racetrack. They switched cameras very quickly and did not show replays.

I just read the Thursday afternoon update and the CT scan showed some blood in the brain. He's been transported from the ER to a room and will have another CT scan tomorrow. Dr’s are amazed that he is doing so well.

It's amazing this guy didn't get hurt worst. If I'd been watching it live without knowing how things turned out after the fact, I would have for sure thought he was dead. Looked liked the car came down across his neck with his head sticking out at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Hatch, NM isn't to far from Vado and is chili pepper capital. You go thru town and you'll see them drying on roof tops. Hatch ain't very big. 2nd the skyline thing. Don't know who or how that crap became famous
    I'd betcha that those there peppers would taste really good cooked with Italian sausage and onion on a sandwich with ketchup on it ?

I heard that he had his belts on but, didn't have them locked in. That's what Jack Hewitt said in his interview on Flo last night. He's been released from the hospital and I wouldn't be surprised he didn't show up tonight at the track.

That is all it takes for potential disaster. Not making sure your seat belts are properly attached. Dale Earnhardt would tell you that if he could.

Glad the Young man survived and is doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I heard that he had his belts on but, didn't have them locked in. That's what Jack Hewitt said in his interview on Flo last night. He's been released from the hospital and I wouldn't be surprised he didn't show up tonight at the track.
    In case you missed it. He is there and was interviewed on camera right before D Feature 1.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    In case you missed it. He is there and was interviewed on camera right before D Feature 1.
    Thanks Man Yeah I missed it. I just got home about 15 minutes ago. Tuned in now though

The interview is on Flo now. He has a black eye but no broken bones.

Happy ending to this one, good deal……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Tim McCreadie just got in thru the 2nd b main. The 7th and final transfer spot.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Glad to see Logan Seavy get the win last night. The race wasn't the best race I've seen at the Chili Bowl but, the races all week were pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.

Glad to see Logan Seavy get the win last night. The race wasn't the best race I've seen at the Chili Bowl but, the races all week were pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.
    Did you buy a big old bowl of chili whilst you were there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Did you buy a big old bowl of chili whilst you were there ?
    No I really don't care if I go or not. I'm perfectly fine watching from the comfort of my chair. I don't really go to the races anymore. Been going on and off since I was born and I just don't have the same interest since I got rid of my car, ss12 got rid of his car. I still like watching racing I just don't have to be there to enjoy it.

Chili bowl sucks. Track prep is impossible and it’s mostly follow the leader. Not my thing.

I thought Chili Bowl was good racing

No I really don't care if I go or not. I'm perfectly fine watching from the comfort of my chair. I don't really go to the races anymore. Been going on and off since I was born and I just don't have the same interest since I got rid of my car, ss12 got rid of his car. I still like watching racing I just don't have to be there to enjoy it.
    Who all you all picking to win it all, Rico ?