Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I found me a Chili Bowl I like.

I guess I do like the Chili Bowl after all. http://www.rcchilibowl.com/

I’ll bet if you were in Vado you’d find you a chili bowl you like…..probably love.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You better like it hot . Down in New Mexico what they consider mild would melt the tonsils out of most of the folks from other states. Peppers are a religion in that area.

Anything would be better than that there Skyline chili that they worship in the Cinci, Oh area. Somehow cinnamon and the rest of the ingredients just don't to mix well. Even worse is their spaghetti. . .

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    You better like it hot . Down in New Mexico what they consider mild would melt the tonsils out of most of the folks from other states. Peppers are a religion in that area.
    I’ve never been, but a friend in the area is from out that way and he and his wife’s green chili is fantastic…..they get the peppers sent in.
    I’ve never asked for the recipe, it’s probably one I wouldn’t get anyway…..breaks them up when I crumble up Fritos in it.

My wife makes good Carolina ground beef chili, and our hot dog chili is pretty dialed in but chili as a whole doesn’t get cooked a ton around the house.

Of course even the layman should tell one is that the best chili is made with venison !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Anything would be better than that there Skyline chili that they worship in the Cinci, Oh area. Somehow cinnamon and the rest of the ingredients just don't to mix well. Even worse is their spaghetti. . .
    That’s definitely an acquired taste….I’ll take good ole chili mac (nanny’s goulash) which is basically spaghetti and meat sauce mixed into macaroni noodles and cheddar over the sweeter skyline spaghetti every time.

The skyline chili is like the Alabama white bbq sauce…….I want to like it, but I guess I’ve just never had the right version or something?

I have actually been to this event. The racing is not as good as the real Chili Bowl on the other side of the parking lot, but it was interesting.

Good racing tonight at the Chili bowl. If you didn't see it you missed some good racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I guess I do like the Chili Bowl after all. http://www.rcchilibowl.com/
    Wendys makes a pretty good chili for when one is in a hurry and Jones'n for it . . .

If cinnamon ain't your thing with chili stay away from Nebraska. One of their quaint regional favorites is a bowl of chili and a cinnamon roll on the side. I kid you not. I like both but not at the same sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    If cinnamon ain't your thing with chili stay away from Nebraska. One of their quaint regional favorites is a bowl of chili and a cinnamon roll on the side. I kid you not. I like both but not at the same sitting.
    Same here is why I cant stand That Skyline chili from Cincinatti, Ohi area . . .

Of course even the layman should tell one is that the best chili is made with venison !
    You got that right, spaghetti sauce and chili is best made with venison and also a nice venison burger, it's all on how they are seasoned.

New Mexico = wind and sand. Me no like that combination

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    You got that right, spaghetti sauce and chili is best made with venison and also a nice venison burger, it's all on how they are seasoned.
    My wife cans tomatoes so we start out with a jar of that when we make on up a batch of venison chili. As some of the more limp wristed would say it is " To Die For " ! !

Hatch, NM isn't to far from Vado and is chili pepper capital. You go thru town and you'll see them drying on roof tops. Hatch ain't very big.

2nd the skyline thing. Don't know who or how that crap became famous

These options remind me of the different Chili dog type hot dog sauces. I prefer the kind that is based on the old time Greek recipes that use paprika, cumin, and other spices while having diced onions on top and using a fresh steamed bun .

Wendys makes a pretty good chili for when one is in a hurry and Jones'n for it . . .
    Totally agree with that.

These options remind me of the different Chili dog type hot dog sauces. I prefer the kind that is based on the old time Greek recipes that use paprika, cumin, and other spices while having diced onions on top and using a fresh steamed bun .
    I wrap my dogs in wax paper when I make them at home too, chili like you describe, onions the same and mustard on the bun under all of that…..the wax wrap kind of smashes all that together, just like the race track.

^ ^ Great THAT ! ^ ^ Urban legend has it that people carry a couple of those Greek hot dogs with them at the ready to munch down in a hurry in case they are getting pulled over when they've been drinking. They claim they will beat the results in a breathalyzer machine ? ?