Default Starts and restarts is JD just that good

I am always amazed from bullrings to Eldora how Jonathan Davenport consistently pulls everybody on starts and restarts … is he just that good? It is extremely rare to ever seen him passed when being on the point for a start or on the point for a restart at Eldora where everything is double file … thoughts?

Great driver who's 100% confident what his car will do in the 1st corner.

he has something figured out, they can track him back down but he gets such a good start (a straightaway) that it take them roughly 10 laps to do it or a little more, them here comes a caution,
    ive been saying it since last summer, he kills pretty much everyone on the restarts, no doubt he is a great driver, but to do it for 6-9 months on all the top guys, he has found something

The car will accelerate from the center of the corner on out much better than anyone else. Typically, that's not where gains are made these days, but they've got something going on. That's where he gains on guys, when they get close. That 100%, is carrying over to restarts.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Davenport is an amazing talent. However, clearly that team has cars that nobody else has. Equipment and setup wise. Until somebody else figures it out. He’s going to keep winning. End of story.

49 has incredible forward bite getting off the corner. Davenport is an excellent driver too.

Sticky tars???

Watch the separation he gets coming out of turn two. He keeps/gains momentum in the center like nobody else and is a missile coming out of two.

He’s a wheelman for sure but they’ve found something to keep that thing digging when others aren’t.

I wonder what engineer Landers has found to work with JD ? It's not Rumley, why you ask ? Because Larson is fast and JD pulls car lengths on the 6. As everyone has mentioned, he is getting thru the corners like he is on rails. Let's hope the sport doesn't get that far out of hand. His winning like he is, is not good for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I wonder what engineer Landers has found to work with JD ? It's not Rumley, why you ask ? Because Larson is fast and JD pulls car lengths on the 6. As everyone has mentioned, he is getting thru the corners like he is on rails. Let's hope the sport doesn't get that far out of hand. His winning like he is, is not good for the sport.
    Vinny works for 49. I'm not sure if he has an engineering degree or not, but he at least has studied it some. I think they still get some help from Rumley, but Rumley is doing his own thing. His cars enter the corner better than the others, but seem to not come off the corner as well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Nobody is coming off the corners like JD. Many times thru the course of the winter months and the PRI show those secrets that teams have get leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    Sticky tars???
    we got a winner! jd got them there fummy tars on again.

Possible theory here maybe. Could it be a way different cam grind or torque curves he has found? Just a thought...don't bust me up if I'm wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    Possible theory here maybe. Could it be a way different cam grind or torque curves he has found? Just a thought...don't bust me up if I'm wrong..
    Well I doubt they share secrets but he does it whether he runs Cornett’s or Clements So I don’t think it’s motor related

i think theyre just that good figuring out track conditions and the most consistent motor package is probably in the rocket 1, that big ford has got some ponies.

Having all the motor hurts come feature time when they pay the money. Take a walk through the pits right before the feature starts at most big races. It’s a mad dash to put the restrictor plates in

JD likes Clean Air