Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Breakdown of WoO Expected Drivers

Kevin Kovac did a nice piece on each driver that has committed to WoO for the 2023 season. It was very fair assessment and gives a nice overview of the drivers. Worth a read if you have the subscription.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_12516.html

Anything Kovac writes is excellent reading/info. He was an editor for racing papers/magazines long before the internet. His penmanship is spot-on.

Cool stuff... good reading.

Is the fact WoO has 21 signed drivers now an indictment on the Lucas Oil series chase format?

i think its a totally an indictment imo. the funny thing the LOLMDS chase format is totally different than NASCAR.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Is the fact WoO has 21 signed drivers now an indictment on the Lucas Oil series chase format?
    I dont think its the Lucas format as much as it's not racing against arguably the 3 strongest teams in McCreadie, Davenport and O'Neal - Plus Moran, Terbo and Thornton.

I know WoO has the quantity but Ill take the Lucas teams. No way WoO can keep that many on the road, too many will need Provisionals.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    I hate the Lucas deal, but I'm still not going to say that's really it. I think it's more the woo bonus points deal and they started racing first. Woo forced you to pledge early, if there's even a 10% chance you will run with them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yep, look at the headstart a little cash got these guys.....pretty obvious who paid the piper.

https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodels/series-points/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep, look at the headstart a little cash got these guys.....pretty obvious who paid the piper.https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodels/series-points/
    How about it ? ? The guy who wins the so called 1st race of the season gets regulated to 24th in the season points and 2nd place is in 25th place ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    How about it ? ? The guy who wins the so called 1st race of the season gets regulated to 24th in the season points and 2nd place is in 25th place ? ?
    Who cares? They aren't running the series, you can't get points money if you don't run all of the races anyways. Is going to tarnish t-macs legacy cause he was 25th in points on the opposite tour on January 20th?

Speaking of “gimmicks”- WOO has re-written the book on this one!

^ I agree ! It is like " Our series faltered last year compared to Lucas so we will bribe drivers with free points to try to right our ship " ? ?

I don't know. Whatever works to get WoO a better lineup. You have to give them credit for trying. They've got a bunch of decent drivers this year with Madden, Pierce and B-shep and some good non-title contenders as well. It's good for the sport. They aren't Lucas, but.....

I really question if Pierce will run WoO after Volusia. Especially after last nights finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I really question if Pierce will run WoO after Volusia. Especially after last nights finish.
    I read he had mechanical issues. He'll be okay. I hope he stays on the tour, but I agree...I have my doubts.

Wish somebody could actually explain they're love affair with Lucas. I really don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Wish somebody could actually explain they're love affair with Lucas. I really don't get it
    What’s not to like? Better schedule, better paying races, more to win the title.

What does fan care about purse and pts money? Effects them not whatsoever. Is schedule really better? They never cross mighty miss hardly, they don't go north very far or often, raceway 7 may be furthest north. Now let's talk racing.....fastest 1 lap gives pole to 1st heat. Good start and jump into lead and you win to put you pole of feature. Now again good start and your sailing to 50 lap win. Thinking last year's dtwc was won that exact way. Oooohhhhh such GREAT RACING!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    What does fan care about purse and pts money? Effects them not whatsoever. Is schedule really better? They never cross mighty miss hardly, they don't go north very far or often, raceway 7 may be furthest north. Now let's talk racing.....fastest 1 lap gives pole to 1st heat. Good start and jump into lead and you win to put you pole of feature. Now again good start and your sailing to 50 lap win. Thinking last year's dtwc was won that exact way. Oooohhhhh such GREAT RACING!
    The Outlaws have 2 races in North Dakota at Red River Valley Speedway on June 28th & June 30th and 1 race at I-94 Speedway in Minnesota on July 1st.
    https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodels/schedule/
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

ok so jim11h is done watching WoO and LOLMDS....good to know!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....