Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bobby is not eligible to run for rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I predict Bobby drops off the tour before June. That is roughly halfway of the schedule. That way he could run the Hell Tour.
    You may be right but, he really has nothing more to prove on the Hell Tour and lets face it the Hell Tour is not what it used to be. I can see him dropping off the tour if he is not running good and his down in the points. He won't be the only one dropping off the tour. It happens every year that drivers drop off the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    By the time the h*ll tour comes around Bobby will be gone. WRG must be giving these guys some big incentives, the sprint car tour has the platinum package, so have they ramped up the same type of deal for the slm teams ?
    I think you are right 👍

Rookie requirements from WRG website.

D. Rookie Status

a. A “rookie” is determined by the criteria as set forth by World Racing Group Officials.

b. To be eligible a driver must submit his declaration for Rookie of the Year prior to the 15th event of the current season or April 15th, whichever may come first, to receive approval to participate for the award.

c. The parameters for eligibility will include but will not be limited to; any competitor that has never competed in an entire previous season; any competitor may not have won more than five (5) declared Series races (qualifying and/or features) in their career; have exceeded a maximum of three (3) declarations of intent to participate for Rookie of the Year in any prior seasons and/or competed in 50% or more series events in a single season.

d. The minimum number of races to be eligible for the Rookie of the Year Award will be 75% of the scheduled races as of the season opener, although those competitors not competing in 75% of the scheduled races will remain in the accumulated standings.

e. The Rookie of the Year Standings will be maintained based on the series points.

f. An Eligibility Panel will endorse Rookie of the Year candidates following the declaration(s). The Rookie of the Year Award will not be based solely in regard to on track performance. The Eligibility Panel will include: The Series Director, Race Director, Series Public Relations, World Racing Group Senior Management. The vote will be determined by a simple majority. Ties will be broken by another vote.

Bobby has won 4 WOO features- rules state 5: but that includes preliminaries. Does preliminaries mean heat races?
    The rules are fairly vague.

Even though some won't finish the season with them, WoO has attracted a diverse group of drivers for this season. Credit probably goes to Steve Francis for some of the changes he's made, including bigger purses and better scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Bobby has won 4 WOO features- rules state 5: but that includes preliminaries. Does preliminaries mean heat races?
    The rules are fairly vague.
    I agree foxfire, pretty vague.

Also states: ROY not determined by just “on track performance.”

Pierce had ran for Lucas Rookie of the Year.They've let other drivers race for ROY that seemed over qualified. Just my opinion, but thinking he should be able to.He could win the series, he is competitive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Even though some won't finish the season with them, WoO has attracted a diverse group of drivers for this season. Credit probably goes to Steve Francis for some of the changes he's made, including bigger purses and better scheduling.
    I agree, They have done a nice job getting a good roster of cars…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    Pierce had ran for Lucas Rookie of the Year.They've let other drivers race for ROY that seemed over qualified. Just my opinion, but thinking he should be able to.He could win the series, he is competitive enough.
    He didn’t finish the season he tried to run for lucas rookie. But that was a long time ago -‘d he was real young

Francis has put together a strong field- but like everyone is saying: how many will still be a regular come end of April or so?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Francis has put together a strong field- but like everyone is saying: how many will still be a regular come end of April or so?
    I see 3-4 that probably won't make it out of Florida.

My best educated guess how points will fall at the end of season assuming these guys stay on tour.

1.) Madden
    2.) Sheppard
    3.) Clanton
    4.) Pierce
    5.) Erb jr
    6.) Hoffman
    7.) English
    8.) Gustin
    9.) Blair
    10.) Scott
    11.) Freeman
    12.) Larson

Really excited to see how it shakes out.

Web Jr is going to be tough

"He didn’t finish the season he tried to run for lucas rookie. But that was a long time ago -‘d he was real young"

I fairly confident in saying he finished his rookie year in 2018 on the Lucas tour. 7th in points, 5 points behind McCreadie.

This series is getting very, very interesting.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Web Jr is going to be tough
    Who ya got in order ?B. Shepp, Bobby, Clanton, Erb, Madden, then Blair ? ?

Add Jimmy Owens to the title chase.

I fairly confident in saying he finished his rookie year in 2018 on the Lucas tour. 7th in points, 5 points behind McCreadie.
    Pierce joined the tour as a true rookie in 2013, but fell off tour.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Mason zeigler was the 2018 roy