Default Kentucky Lake Speedway

Left out of Paducah this morning and drove right past Kentucky Lake Speedway…which got me to thinking, who actually owns the place now? I had heard several years ago that the state bought it because of the interchange work they were doing for 24/69. And that may very well be the case. But clearly they didn’t level it, and now it sits empty and vacant, but with the potential to be a great venue in a prime location. Curious if anybody has any information on it, specifically with regards to whether or not the state still owns it and what the likelihood (or unlikelihood) is that we could ever see racing there again?

Found a really cool app called acres that gives you the owners of property. According to the app Clover leave realty currently owns it.

What’s the app?
    Best I remember there was some inside shananigans that took place between local elected officials and the state on the land acquisitions at the time. I think the bottom line was to close the track permanently.
    Many in close proximity of it -hated it. There was a lot of EPA restrictions as to no chemicals could be used in track prep because of the closeness to Kentucky Lake reservoir.

It's called "Acres" pretty neat.

👍🏻 Thanks-I appreciate you.

I believe the grandstands and lights are at Vado now, so KLMS lives on.....sort of
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

The neighbors don't want a racetrack there and I doubt the city council would ever approve a business license to a new owner. We attended several races there and it was ok, nothing really spectacular other than the 6-wide parade lap.