Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shirley #8????

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    Bloomquist is running a Rocket this weekend. A Rocket faithful in Shirley is in a Bloomquist car. Richards and Bloomquist sharing speed secrets maybe?
    Not much to share as of late! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    When car owner Bob Cullen was a driver he ran the #8. Might have something to do with it.
    i would feel that to be more true than some these other replys! I been curious about it my self!~ Thank you mister Morgs!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Does this mean that the locals should just go to other tracks to race on Outlaw night if the chances to make the race could be slim to none by the time they use all of that many provisional starting slots on up ? ? Or are they going to run 30 car fields ? ? lol
    car counts are slowly fading away/dwindling all over!

I’m still trying to figure this out…Shirley in Fergy’s car (owned by his dad), while Fergy was initially listed to be driving the Big Frog 58 tonight but ended up not. Can somebody make it make sense??

It's fergys step dad that owns the car, but he is basically his father. They (Cullen) must've leased the car off of them or something. Chris hasn't attempted to race speedweeks in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123;
    ^ his rockets are with him in his hauler. They’re ready to go idk where people are getting his cars aren’t ready. It’s Ferguson’s car with Shirley’s motor. Back in the rockets at golden isles
    You sure about that? He's been hauling them Rockets around with him an awful long way and is still running that Bloomquist car.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress;
    grew up in South Jersey halfway between East Windsor and Bridgeport, so they were the tracks I attended the most. Only made it to Flemington a handful of times, but it seemed exciting everytime I saw a race there. I remember when I was a teenager, and Billy Pauch started racing. You knew he was going to be something special when he dominated the Sportsmen class at East Windsor, Flemington and Nazareth.
    Did you ever get to Wall? It was down the road from my grandfather in Toms River, so I went there a few times. First time I saw modifieds on pavement.

I remember Pauch's rookie year very well. First time I went to the races that Spring, seemed like everyone was all abuzz about Pauch already.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    You sure about that? He's been hauling them Rockets around with him an awful long way and is still running that Bloomquist car.
    He said in florida he will be in his rockets now, I’m just going by what brian is saying in interviews

"Did you ever get to Wall? It was down the road from my grandfather in Toms River, so I went there a few times. First time I saw modifieds on pavement.

I remember Pauch's rookie year very well. First time I went to the races that Spring, seemed like everyone was all abuzz about Pauch already."

I did go to Wall Stadium for a few Turkey Derbies. I also went to New Egypt when it was pavement. They used to run on Wednesday nights and would attract a "whose who" of racers including Richie Evans, Jerry Cook and alot of Long Island guys like Tommy Baldwin, Charlie Jarzombek, Greg Sacks, George Brunnhiesel etc. They were all chasing the NASCAR modified championship and would race at New Egypt, even though it only paid like $800 to win a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I did go to Wall Stadium for a few Turkey Derbies. I also went to New Egypt when it was pavement. They used to run on Wednesday nights and would attract a "whose who" of racers including Richie Evans, Jerry Cook and alot of Long Island guys like Tommy Baldwin, Charlie Jarzombek, Greg Sacks, George Brunnhiesel etc. They were all chasing the NASCAR modified championship and would race at New Egypt, even though it only paid like $800 to win a feature.
    AHH! The Turkey Derby! We went for one of those! It was probably early to mid 70s. I have a program somewhere.

@DLMfan123 - yeah. I know you were. I heard in his post-race last night he said he's running the Bloomquist car the next few nights, then he's back to his Rockets, so East Bay? It really doesn't matter. I think the entire point was people being confused if he was ditching Rocket, which he is not.

He might we wanting to keep the Team Zero. He's not been this consistent in Florida for several years.

^^^ that was kind of my thoughts last night…is this a “test drive” in one of Fergy’s/Conard’s cars that he and Cullen may possibly purchase?? Would love to see Fergy back in a Longhorn, as that seemed to be when he was most successful…but as others have mentioned on this thread, I know they called into question their safety in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtTrackin52 View Post
    He might we wanting to keep the Team Zero. He's not been this consistent in Florida for several years.
    Let’s be honest here, Shirley has never been great against touring drivers