Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

But i thought some stayed behind?

The ones that take their job and promise they made seriously did……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You brought up the administrators could have settled before the strike….had they acted like the nurses they could have just walked out virtually shut the hospital down too……but didn’t.

All that happened because of the nurses walking out was that just a few more people died, but the nurses got what they wanted…….all that really matters here, correct?

You brought up the administrators could have settled before the strike….had they acted like the nurses they could have just walked out virtually shut the hospital down too……but didn’t.

All that happened because of the nurses walking out was that just a few more people died, but the nurses got what they wanted…….all that really matters here, correct?

Like I said the hospital could have settled before the strike and they eventually did so, both sides could have avoided a strike and no one had to die because of the strike. Do you even know if someone died as a direct result of the strike or are you just saying that because it would go good with the commercial

The nurses that went on strike take their job seriously. Some chose to work in this hospital because they were union and knew it was withing their right to do what they did. Do you even know what was done before the strike to ensure the patients were taken care of.

BBQ Posted: but the nurses got what they wanted…….all that really matters here, correct?

Yes, the nurses got what they wanted. Better care for the patients. There were to many patients for one nurse. Now there is less patients for one nurse. Now the nurse can give better care for the patient. Sounds like the patients won. How many lives will be saved in the future because of the strike? How many patients were dying before the strike because of the nurse-to-patient ratio?
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

ss12 Good for the patients and the nurses.

Except for the patients that died while they were striking……and their families.

But the union nurses won…..that’s all that matters.

Ss to answer your questions since I can’t quote you……I don’t know how many lives will be saved in the future because of their actions and neither do you.

What I do know, is when they feel like they aren’t getting their way again, they will strike again causing more patients to die because of greed and the union direction.

Again the strike could have been avoided in the first place so, the Administration wasn't to worried about patients dying or they would have kept negotiating to avoid a strike so, it's not just on the nurses here if patients indeed died because of the strike.

BBQ money wasn't the main issue it was patient to nurse ratio that was the biggest concern for the nurses.

ss12 for them it's always greed when money wasn't even the main reason for the strike here. I really didn't now what it was about until I started reading articles on the strike itself

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    ss12 for them it's always greed when money wasn't even the main reason for the strike here. I really didn't now what it was about until I started reading articles on the strike itself
    Umm, less hours for the same pay is more money……..less work load for the same pay is more money…..what type math do you use?

In post 19 you say all they are asking for is more money for the long hours they are working, less workload.…..now your saying it’s not about the money.

Your kinda confusing your position.

Where did you read less hours they have to work the same amount of hours they will just have less patients so, they can give better care to those they are providing care for.

In post 19 you say all they are asking for is more money for the long hours they are working, less workload.…..now your saying it’s not about the money.

Your kinda confusing your position.

Yes they want to be compensated if they have to work more hours and I don't know who wouldn't but, the reason for the strike had to do more with Nurse to patient ratio

BBQ would you work 14 hours but, only get paid for 12 or not get paid more money if you're working more hours than your original shift hours.

Good conversation. Thanks for the civil back and forth gotta go talk to you later

That’s your interpretation now….it was different in post 19 ….and will be different again when you get called on something else.

You guys paint yourself into a corner and then get mad when you can’t paint your way out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    BBQ would you work 14 hours but, only get paid for 12 or not get paid more money if you're working more hours than your original shift hours.
    If I was flipping burgers or building roads….no.

If I were holding someone’s life in my hands, I’d probably think about it before I walked out of the job I agreed to do.