Default Rain in Volusia?

Is rain why they canceled last night?

Website says unstable weather conditions. Decided to cancel after speaking with a meteorologist
    Scott Kleindorfer

Quote Originally Posted by mskdorf View Post
    Website says unstable weather conditions. Decided to cancel after speaking with a meteorologist
    Thanks 👍 seems odd to me since teams are already there

It’s hard to race when it’s raining.
    Todays weather looks great. I really hate it for the crate racers who were there since Wednesday and didn’t get to race in their big money races. WOO shows were single day programs- so they just list 1 race due to cancellation with no make-up. The 602 & 604 crate guys took a hit.

If I am a 602 or 604 after 2 years of this I just dont show up next year and stay home and if I am a Super Late I do the same. A big race like this should have a Sunday rain date. I feel its a way to not pay the big purses and to make money off the back gate. Sounds fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    If I am a 602 or 604 after 2 years of this I just dont show up next year and stay home and if I am a Super Late I do the same. A big race like this should have a Sunday rain date. I feel its a way to not pay the big purses and to make money off the back gate. Sounds fishy.
    That would be my thinking as well. Did it actually rain is my other question ?

Crate guys really got the shaft IMO. All that is left for them is the b mains and 10k to win feature. I don't see how they can't figure how to make that up for them during the next late model week. I don't even like watching crates, but they got a raw deal.

Agree with Fox and LMM. These guys travel hundreds if not a thousand miles to race two days for an anemic $8,000 to win. Back gate is packed. Then you cancel the Sat show, with no rain date. Today is 78 degrees and partly sunny. 0% chance of rain. WRG owns the track.....race and pay em.

It does seem like this day and age were canceling events too soon. I get trying to save people money but you’re also costing people money.

Obviously you cant race in the rain but it canceled on a prediction with cars are already there before it rained? Weird!

Did it actually rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    That would be my thinking as well. Did it actually rain is my other question ?
    Yes, it rained. it poured. I saw a bunch of pictures and the entire facility was absolutely soaked.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

had it not rained, would this have still been a good call?

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, time for these series to have a rain date on these shows where drivers ans fans travel a great distance to attend, especially when there is not another race in the next few days.

They made a good call then 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    They made a good call then 
    since it rained they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    since it rained they did.
    I'd say that the whole thing was a wash then ? ?

It was a good call.