Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Isles

Excellent racing surface. Last night's track conditions are the type where you could do a 6 car invert and the cream would still rise to the top.
    We've had some great races so far in 2023.
    8/13/16

How many gis races have you seen over the years zero? I’ve been to 4 different super bowls and went down once for some weekly stuff helping a friend with his modified……I agree, last night was the best late model race I’ve seen there.

My first super race was in 1988! Buck Simmons was in the BWRC house car. We had just started racing a llm and I immediately became hooked on super racing. So, ive probly been to 100 plus races there, as a fan and crew member for Epj! While i loved the oil base track as far as it was Epj's playground, last nite was the best racing I have seen there!

Kudo's to Grady.......for the track prep and heading off any controversy over the dq's. His FB post says he contacted Crusa and they told him the dq was the right call!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Excellent racing surface. Last night's track conditions are the type where you could do a 6 car invert and the cream would still rise to the top.
    We've had some great races so far in 2023.
    Season has been stout for sure. I cannot see an room for any complaining this year. Excellent track conditions everywhere they have run so far IMO

The last 25 laps of last nights race was really good. Congrats to Larson on the win!

wheeeeers flyboy, he drowned in his puke over nascar star Larson taking all the dlm guys money?

How is everyone going to feel when GIS takes the east bay dates in 2025?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    How is everyone going to feel when GIS takes the east bay dates in 2025?
    Most probably feel ok about that at the moment. There's no replacement for East Bay though.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Brunswick area has the hotels for sure and the race track has lots of grounds for camping and parking and not many tracks has a Dollar General in walking distance,but as stated above hard to beat the races at East bay lets all hope east bay will continue to race for few more years .

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Most probably feel ok about that at the moment. There's no replacement for East Bay though.
    They will never be able to replace that joint......ever.

I was glad to see Sheppard have a good run last night. Hopefully this is a start of some good runs for him. Congrats to Overton on the win. The race itself was ok but, have to give Overton credit for stepping out of line and going for it and it paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I was glad to see Sheppard have a good run last night. Hopefully this is a start of some good runs for him. Congrats to Overton on the win. The race itself was ok but, have to give Overton credit for stepping out of line and going for it and it paid off.
    Thought for sure Ricky had that one. Heartbreak City. Didn't expect it to stick for Overton when he went up top. Heck of a job by him.
    8/13/16

Thought for sure Ricky had that one. Heartbreak City. Didn't expect it to stick for Overton when he went up top. Heck of a job by him.
    Same here. I thought when RTJ went up there a few laps prior to Overton going up there and RTJ lost some ground trying it. I didn't think it would work for Overton but, to my surprise it work out for him. He wasn't going to win it following RTJ so, like he said why not try it. Congrats to Overton on the win

" Lets go Brandon, Lets go Brandon " ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    " Lets go Brandon, Lets go Brandon " ! ! ! !
    calm down buttercup.

With it being typical Gis last nite, they should work with Wendell at Alltech, and how to use a sheepsfoot! Dont know if its the solution, but they gotta try something different!

Wheres flyboy. I thought for sure he would post on here when #6 larson had won! May be he went w kyle to MR H's ANNIVERSARY PARTY!!😉

That was some really good racing, kid kyle drove it in and it stuck. Gotta give a shout out to overton, he knew if he stayed on the bottom that was not going to get it done. RTJ, I said a few weeks ago, he is my surprise for the year.

Great to see Superman's Kryptonite is putting him back in the dirty air. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    That was some really good racing, kid kyle drove it in and it stuck. Gotta give a shout out to overton, he knew if he stayed on the bottom that was not going to get it done. RTJ, I said a few weeks ago, he is my surprise for the year.
    RTJ is not a surprise to anyone that's watch mods or stock cars. Dude can work on and wheel anything. Was cool to see him step out and even go do the Micro's at the tulsa shootout and Midgets at the chili bowl.

RTJ might have been a little complacent on the last two or three laps. Overton surprised him apparently. I was a little surprised too, but I sure have seen this type of last lap charge work a few times over the year. I really like this race track. I think Overton would agree with me too/smile