Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Golden Isles

My only complaint about Golden Isle is it's usually so freaking cold for those races. Mid 30's on Saturday night and they go a few hours south to Bubba's and it was low to mid 70's.

When we left the races at GI- temps were38-40. Right now at Bubbas (3:50pm) it’s 84. It’s shorts/t shirt tonight. Carried a hoodie in last night but didn’t need it- and I’m old!

Unfortunately we're golden isles is located the cold air sweeps down across Georgia . Went 2 yrs in a row and it was bitter cold. The stands seem to be less crowded, the 2 yrs I was there that tall grandstand was packed.

Kudo's to GIS!!!

Golden Isles Speedway
    3h ·
    Now that the dust has settled and the air is clear we would like to make an announcement. Friday night Cody Overton and Kole Platt were “disqualified” for incorrect transponder placement. Each time GIS has ran a sanctioned CRUSA race, transponders have been required to be on the RR axle tube.During The Super Bowl of Racing we enforced CRUSA rules, therefore both drivers were threw out because transponders were located on the LF. After the call was made it was brought to our attention it was NOT listed in the CRUSA rule book anywhere. Grady and I reviewed the rules and made some phone calls ourselves to get to the bottom of it. We called our race director and our tech man and spoke it over with them. Although the win has already been awarded to different drivers, I have made the decision to pay Cody Overton and Kole Platt as well, for their positions before the disqualification. From here on out EVERY rule will be written in black and white. If you have questions please, find an official and ask. Or even come into my office and I will ask for you. Golden Isles Speedway does take blame for assuming this rule that has been enforced all last year, was located in the stated rules that were being enforced.

Hats off to them ! Honesty is a trait that is getting more rare in todays world .