Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    Car counts look cool, but in all reality, even back when Eldora had 200+ cars what did that matter? There were probably 100 that had zero chance of making the show, and out of the 120 that advanced to the heats back then, there were probably 10 that had a decent shot to win, and probably only 40 that had a real chance to make the race.
    Agree with this post.. Two other factors that led to the 200+ years at Eldora was that there was no entry fee, and drivers entered more than one car

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    Agree with this post.. Two other factors that led to the 200+ years at Eldora was that there was no entry fee, and drivers entered more than one car
    That said, we were way over the 120 cut off with teams entering 1 car and paying entry fees.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNate01 View Post
    Fading away. Was watching a race on youtube the other nite, A woo race. An the one race i was watching was their highest car count of the 2022 season! Said about 30ish cars was singed in for that one race!!!

2022 Prairie Dirt Classic had 80 cars. I'm from Kentucky, but I think that's higher than 30.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    2022 Prairie Dirt Classic had 80 cars. I'm from Kentucky, but I think that's higher than 30.
    Cedar Lake had 55 for the USA Nationals, too.... So, no idea what that clown was reading, with his 30ish cars being the highest.

Gotta love the internet..

I had to go back and check 3 times to make sure this thread wasn't from 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    I had to go back and check 3 times to make sure this thread wasn't from 2000.
    lol I was thinking the same thing while reading this thread. I've been on 4m since 2001, there's nothing new under the sun.

Think what ya will, but crates saved dlm racing in the South. There was over 150 cars between 2 tracks last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Think what ya will, but crates saved dlm racing in the South. There was over 150 cars between 2 tracks last weekend!
    That there is a good deal then ! !

the prairie dirt classic and cedar lake aren't weekly shows and some tracks will allow crates in there late model races, with a weigh break or something, to fill the field.