Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't believe no one mentioned Overton lr

How has it not been mentioned yet. Do we think it was by design or a happy accident? Lol. If it is something super trick he has the best shot of anyone in the longhorn camp with keeping it hidden the longest since he is on his own island with penske.

Yes, I noticed that. In fact, it stuck out like a sore thumb. Anybody have any details, guesses?

You talking about the LR tire being so far under the drivers seat it should be smoking?

I think they mean where it got stuck in the up position.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

I commented on a Facebook post last night about it. It looks illegal but must have passed tech.

I'm talking about it holding posture during the entire caution period without settling. Reminds me of a birdcage that's over indexed and locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    I'm talking about it holding posture during the entire caution period without settling. Reminds me of a birdcage that's over indexed and locked up.
    That's what I meant.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy84 View Post
    I commented on a Facebook post last night about it. It looks illegal but must have passed tech.
    I thought it might get flagged in tech but then thought, can you penalize the hometown favorite? Probably not. I also thought it looked like the LR was shoved forward.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's what I meant.
    I was responding to the other guy, but to highline. I also was interested to see how tech would go, but he seemed to be fine. I believe it likely helps on restarts as well. Already having the car st attitude and driving forward l, rather than trying to get the car to go as well as gain loft. It's already through the travel and driving forward.

There is a pic of the car floating around of them teching the with a dollar general tape measure before the race yesterday, you can't see the reading though. I don't know enough about it to know exactly what it's doing, I'm going to guess it's definitely doing by design.

He’s just super soft on the right sides

Something holds it in place, with any motion of the car at all.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    There is a pic of the car floating around of them teching the with a dollar general tape measure before the race yesterday, you can't see the reading though. I don't know enough about it to know exactly what it's doing, I'm going to guess it's definitely doing by design.
    Dollar General, eh ? Is that is a step up from using a Harbor Freight unit ?

Something holds it in place, with any motion of the car at all.
    I wouldn't surprised if it is just a bit over indexed to lock it in.

There's a modified builder out there that has perfected this. It over indexes just enough to lock it when it's out racing and then can wiggle the car when he wants to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    How has it not been mentioned yet. Do we think it was by design or a happy accident? Lol. If it is something super trick he has the best shot of anyone in the longhorn camp with keeping it hidden the longest since he is on his own island with penske.
    If you mean on the broadcast is there anyone there would actually see such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I wouldn't surprised if it is just a bit over indexed to lock it in.

There's a modified builder out there that has perfected this. It over indexes just enough to lock it when it's out racing and then can wiggle the car when he wants to unlock it.
    I don't think he'd be that fast with a solid suspension.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

I don't think he'd be that fast with a solid suspension.
    I thought the same. I've seen a few mentions if over indexing on purpose, but that would only be positively effective in my opinion, if you were qualifying on a super smooth fast race track.

He also seemed to be Getting more hike than the other cars. Seemed to have found a way to get a little more even with the droop rule, definitely has something going on with the left rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanders46 View Post
    He also seemed to be Getting more hike than the other cars. Seemed to have found a way to get a little more even with the droop rule, definitely has something going on with the left rear.
    Yes, he has a lot more on-track droop. The new Rockets were built to screw you on the droop rule, not sure why Mark did that to his customers. But, he has way more on-track droop than other Longhorns as well. The change on how it is measured, compared to last year, as allowed for that. The new way they measure, makes the rule almost worthless, if you think a little and are willing to change some things.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-31-2023 at 01:43 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Yes, he has a lot more on-track droop. The new Rockets were built to screw you on the droop rule, not sure why Mark did that to his customers. But, he has way more on-track droop than other Longhorns as well. The change on how it is measured, compared to last year, as allowed for that. The new way they measure, makes the rule almost worthless, if you think a little and are willing to change some things.
    What's the new way to measure? The rules still have the way from last year on how to measure.