Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Owens / longhorn

Jimmy has been in longhorns on numerous times over the past few yrs. For some reason they just dont work for him. I wouldnt be suprised if you dont see him back in a rocket as he ran well in them as of recently. Some 4mers are going to say its still early yet and bla bla bla well if you come out of speedweeks in the hole to deep and still are running like crap you better figure out something quick cuz the guys that are running good will help you bury yourself. I still think jimmy had some of his best yrs in his bloomquist cars.

He should really just get back into Rockets. He was doing his own thing with them, just like Madden, and was pretty competitive in em. But considering he’s driving for somebody else paying the bills, it probably isn’t an option.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm an Owens fan and expect some growing pains with the new team. But I will agree that him and Longhorns just don't seem like a compatible match. Time will tell, but can't take too long especially if they are planning on following a series.

Is it the chassis, or is it the team?

New team that came together in the last month is likely the bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Longhorn cars have won every race this year. Jimmy Owens had a wheel come off last night.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dewtrucker29 View Post
    I'm an Owens fan and expect some growing pains with the new team. But I will agree that him and Longhorns just don't seem like a compatible match. Time will tell, but can't take too long especially if they are planning on following a series.
    Not to worry, Old Jimmy will put together a good run every now and again !

Supposedly he made an agreement to try the longhorns to start out. If it's true, we will probably see him back in the rockets for all tech with the way he has ran.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Probably a bit of both, but this is like 3rd or 4th time he’s tried Horns and he hasn’t ever had any speed in em.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Does anyone know if his new team has any Rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Not sure. There a local regional team here in nc and I think they run longhorns but they may have run rockets in past. They ran friendship and 311 which both tracks are defunct now. Bobby the team owner who operates a wrecker business ( ultimate towing & recovery) in multiple locations drove 114 in lm crates and slm classes for quite a few yrs. His son jordan took over a few yrs back also.

Default Josh Post #9.

I agree w your post. Jimmy ran really good in his rockets w a few wins.

I was just curious as to what happened with Jimmy’s rockets he had with Rameriz.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    I was told Jimmy has 2 new rockets of his own that were basically ready to go before the Kohler deal came together.

They brought Jimmy in so that he could help the boys out also let's not forget, there also driving horns , so I don't see them getting any rockets.

I would not recommend anyone getting rid of a Longhorn for a current Rocket. Rockets are not looking good so far and the stats are obviously one sided in favor of the Longhorns. Give Jimmy some time and he will figure out a balance that suits his driving style.

Not to focus on Jimmy, but any team, driver, etc. constantly switching brands, flip-flopping, does not build allegiance with the chassis builders. Changing back and forth may help in the short run, but not so much in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    I would not recommend anyone getting rid of a Longhorn for a current Rocket. Rockets are not looking good so far and the stats are obviously one sided in favor of the Longhorns. Give Jimmy some time and he will figure out a balance that suits his driving style.

Obviously stats are gonna favor Longhorn.. everyone and their brother is in one. Who's in a Rocket right now that's worth being in a car to begin with? Erb Jr, O'Neil, Blair sometimes? Madden was in front at Volusia. Take 15 Longhorns to maybe 4 XR1s in a giving field/race I'd hope Longhorn would have better stats lol.. Jimmy in a XR1 his stats are better. The Longhorn is making him look bad like it has everytime he's tried one.

Also it dont matter what you put Overton, Mccreadie or Davenport in they'd be in front.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    That is quite obvious. The last few years results of the big races should prove that. Rocket may do all right with the local boys on a Saturday night but they are lacking on the national level it would appear. It wouldn't make sense for Jimmy to take a step backwards .

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    That is quite obvious. The last few years results of the big races should prove that. Rocket may do all right with the local boys on a Saturday night but they are lacking on the national level it would appear. It wouldn't make sense for Jimmy to take a step backwards .
    You wear those Pom poms out yet?