Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

lol ^^^ !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    You wear those Pom poms out yet?
    Those pom poms are banging off his chin

Quote Originally Posted by racert22 View Post
    Obviously stats are gonna favor Longhorn.. everyone and their brother is in one. Who's in a Rocket right now that's worth being in a car to begin with? Erb Jr, O'Neil, Blair sometimes? Madden was in front at Volusia. Take 15 Longhorns to maybe 4 XR1s in a giving field/race I'd hope Longhorn would have better stats lol.. Jimmy in a XR1 his stats are better. The Longhorn is making him look bad like it has everytime he's tried one.

Also it dont matter what you put Overton, Mccreadie or Davenport in they'd be in front.
    I agree, but it wasn't that long ago that Rocket had a similar numerical advantage over Longhorn, and even more so in certain regions of the country. Longhorn still won their share of races back then, and Rocket will still win their share of races as long as Hud and Madden are in one.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I was told Jimmy has 2 new rockets of his own that were basically ready to go before the Kohler deal came together.
    I suspected that was the case. With the way this Kohler deal has started out for Jimmy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to running his own stuff. Not sure of his relationship with Bloomer, but if Scott is out for the season, I'd like to see him get back in one of his cars. He had a lot of success with them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I suspected that was the case. With the way this Kohler deal has started out for Jimmy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to running his own stuff. Not sure of his relationship with Bloomer, but if Scott is out for the season, I'd like to see him get back in one of his cars. He had a lot of success with them in the past.
    You can't discount how much it costs to operate a team. We only know for sure that 1 of the 3 options can actually do that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Jimmy dosen’t have a hauler.
    Bloomer is suppose to be out 4 weeks after surgery in either February/March.
    I agree Bloomquist cars fit Jimmy- his best years was in those Chasis. Not sure if they have made amends - or if Jimmy could get a new one if he wanted to??

Quote Originally Posted by racert22 View Post
    Obviously stats are gonna favor Longhorn.. everyone and their brother is in one. Who's in a Rocket right now that's worth being in a car to begin with? Erb Jr, O'Neil, Blair sometimes? Madden was in front at Volusia. Take 15 Longhorns to maybe 4 XR1s in a giving field/race I'd hope Longhorn would have better stats lol.. Jimmy in a XR1 his stats are better. The Longhorn is making him look bad like it has everytime he's tried one.

Also it dont matter what you put Overton, Mccreadie or Davenport in they'd be in front.
    I would not for see any of the 3 mentioned winning in a rocket right now. Last time I saw Superman in something other than a Longhorn was when he was in the Barry Wright house car and he was awful. It just seems that the rockets are falling off after 10 laps or so and don’t have the balance that the Horns have to finish out a feature.

Last thing besides a longhorn I remember seeing JD in was GR Smith xr1 on the eldora podium.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Jimmy looks about as fast as he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Last thing besides a longhorn I remember seeing JD in was GR Smith xr1 on the eldora podium.
    Funny how those memories work.

And the next weekend at Knoxville, he had a flat at the halfway pitstop, went to the rear, and darn near won it!

Wasn't it mentioned a couple weeks ago that bloomer is no longer interested selling chassis ? You guys keep wanting owens to get 1 of scott's cars, wtf wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Funny how those memories work.
    I was just starting to mention that. JD and GR kicked some tail late that year in a Rocket. Then the Landers-JD deal was announced at Charlotte.

Owens is heading home from speedweeks after tonight at Bubbas.

It’s funny to me that everyone’s first instinct is to play the chassis wars. Have any of you paid attention to how different the body’s look on the fast longhorns compared to the mid pack longhorns? Look at all the people that have debuted longhorns over the past few few years with less than stellar results. Smart race car drivers and smart crew members make the difference, not the metal getting welded together

Is he not running either tour now?!?

Don’t know- DOD guys stated that his fun meter in Florida had pegged out.
    Maybe going to regroup and return??
    Looks like Friday’s AllTech will be rained out?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    It is my understanding that he was still going to race for Kohler, he was just going to use his cars. I expect him to be in his rockets this weekend.

If what I was told is true
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-31-2023 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It is my understanding that he was still going to race for Kohler, he was just going to use his cars. I expect him to be in his rockets this weekend.

If what I was told is true
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

Anyone else think Longhorn isn't sharing everything with the guys that long time Rocket guys? Bshep, Owens, Terbo wasn't good in his longhorn