Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Somethings a little fishy......the bossmans son has a 3 race old LH for sale! But when asked about switching to Rocket, he said no!
    They have a ton of cars at the moment. Probably just trying to get rid of some

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Somethings a little fishy......the bossmans son has a 3 race old LH for sale! But when asked about switching to Rocket, he said no!
    He’s probably just trying to get rid of Jimmy’s Longhorns.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I don't think it's fishy when he just bought out a Longhorn guy. What's fishy is when a touring guy gets a new car and runs it 3 times and sells it. Then he buys the same brand again.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't think it's fishy when he just bought out a Longhorn guy. What's fishy is when a touring guy gets a new car and runs it 3 times and sells it. Then he buys the same brand again.
    They’ve never been able to build two cars the same. I’d say after covid the quality of metal has gone way down. Makes for more stinkers

I've heard lots of horror stories about the Longhorn build process. I just don't get it. I guess they aren't using Docol? That's supposed to fix the metal variation issues.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I didn't think anyone was using docol anymore. Warrior is the only chassis company I see advertising it. I run CVR Chassis and had a docol and can confirm that it was absolute junk, and Chip would agree. He went back to moly in 19 and found speed again. He said after 10 to 20 races a docol car was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    I didn't think anyone was using docol anymore. Warrior is the only chassis company I see advertising it. I run CVR Chassis and had a docol and can confirm that it was absolute junk, and Chip would agree. He went back to moly in 19 and found speed again. He said after 10 to 20 races a docol car was done.
    Docol is basically a rolled and welded moly slab. What's the science that makes it no good?

A chassis is just supposed to locate everything in space. That means relative to the suspension stiffness, those location points should not be moving around in space because of loads. I'm pretty sure when small changes make the car "junk", it wasn't stiff enough to start with and we simply found away to work around the flaw.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-07-2023 at 01:04 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Since we are into the rumors, it was said when a certain longhorn that had Lucas across the front of it and he left for team 46 it was because they could not get a good chassis from horn. I was told it really matters who is welding the car.

The XR1’s are all docol are they not? I know they were the first ones to get it

The XR1 that won $1+ mil was a docol car. Rocket1 ran that car for a silly amount of races and it didn't lose a step.

race cars are like humans no two the same...THEY ALL REACT AND ACT DIFFERENTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Since we are into the rumors, it was said when a certain longhorn that had Lucas across the front of it and he left for team 46 it was because they could not get a good chassis from horn. I was told it really matters who is welding the car.
    Pearson was in the black diamond house car before going to Papich #46.

With Hudson winning some races over fields full of Longhorn's, how long before you see others change?

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    With Hudson winning some races over fields full of Longhorn's, how long before you see others change?
    It’s already started.

Crossbones, my error, I forgot all about that pc of sh*t EPJ was driving.

Does the back of hudson's spoiler just say rocket now ? I thought I saw it and it did not read xr-1.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Does the back of hudson's spoiler just say rocket now ? I thought I saw it and it did not read xr-1.
    It hasn’t said XR1 on the spoiler in a while, if ever.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    There's a more diverse field of Longhorns winning races.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    There's a more diverse field of Longhorns winning races.
    Looking at the results regionally and nationally, I don’t think that’s true.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    The XR1 that won $1+ mil was a docol car. Rocket1 ran that car for a silly amount of races and it didn't lose a step.
    They are all docol but I believe pierce actually had the first docol car. If I remember correctly I think Bob said the car he won the world 100 with was docol