Default Ryan Timms Snares Friday Volusia USCS Sprint Car Checkers

Ryan Timms Snares Friday Volusia USCS Sprint Car Checkers
    Charges 17th-to-5th in Saturday’s Finale

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (01/3q/23) – Ryan Timms banked a $3,000 United Speed Contest Association (USCS) Sprint Car victory on Friday night aboard his CitGard Engine Oil / driveWFX.com No. 5T CITGO / Hampel Oil / Western Flyer Xpress / Mystik Lubricants / Eagle Chassis Sprint Car.

The triumph came in the 16-year-old racer’s debut at the lightning fast, ½ mile during the opening round of the Germfree Southern Sprint Car Shootout. He added a Top-5 finish in Saturday night’s finale.

“I had never been to Volusia Speedway Park before Friday so I didn’t totally know what to expect, but I quickly found that it’s a fast and aggressive race track, which fits my style perfectly,” Timms said. “After winning Friday, on Saturday night we didn’t pass as many cars as we needed to in the heat race so I had to run a B-Main. We won the B-Main and then came from 17th to fifth in the feature. I already can’t wait to be back here and race on this track against the [World of] Outlaws during DIRTcar Nationals.”

Ryan Timms returned to action on Friday afternoon with a visit to Volusia Speedway Park (Barberville, Fla.) to compete in his CITGARD Engine Oil No. 5T Sprinter for the doubleheader weekend with the United Sprint Car Series (USCS) presented by K&N Filters.

With 39 Sprint Cars amassed at the 1/2 – mile oval, Timms laid down the second-fastest lap in in his time trial group before placing second in his heat.

Starting the feature in third, Ryan grabbed the lead on the opening lap and never looked back, cruising to a flag-to-flag victory in the 25-lap affair. He claimed his first win of the 2023 season, 7.406-seconds ahead of Dylan Westbrook with Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Anthony Macri, and Chris Martin completing the top-five finishers.

On Saturday, Ryan’s sixth-to-fourth showing in his heat race relegated him to a B-Main. With a consolation victory placing him on the ninth row for the $5,000-to-win finale, Timms charged through the field 12 spots in the 30-lapper to register an impressive fifth-place finish. He followed Tyler Clem, Davie Franek, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and Anthony Macri across the line.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.USCSRacing.com.

Timms now turns his attention 410 c.i. Winged Sprint Car competition. He originally planned to compete with the a Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions (ASCoC) Sprint Car in a doubleheader this weekend at Senoia (Ga.) Raceway. Unfortunately though, Mother Nature took the win with both events being canceled due to rain. As a result, Tyler returns to action on Tuesday – Saturday with the DIRTcar Nationals at Volusia Speedway Park (Barberville, Fla.), where a bevy of both ASCoC and World of Outlaws (WoO) NOS Energy Drink action dots the calendar.

Full details on the weekend can be found at www.DIRTcarNationals.com .

Ryan Timms Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include CitGard, CITGO, Mystik Lubricants, Hampel Oil, Western Flyer Xpress, driveWFX.com, Xpress Truck Sales, Rider Racing Engines, Griffin Fishing Charters and Lodge, Premier Truck Group, K1 Race Gear, Durst Inc., Factory Kahne by Schure Built, 947-Eyes, Bell Helmets, KR Performance Fuels LLC, Outlaw Wings, Kahne Screen Printing, AFD Graphix, Inefte Sports, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Ryan Timms Racing please visit the team website at www.RyanTimmsRacing.com as well as the team’s social media channels at www.facebook.com/RyanTimmsRacing/, www.instagram.com/ryantimms_5t/ and twitter.com/RyanTimms_5T .

PR Contact:
    Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 01-31-2023 at 08:40 AM.