Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    forrest lucas could build a multi purpose facility and run lots more shows, including a world finals style week of races for LOLMDS and other Lucas sponsored series
    I don't know what you are smoking, but I don't suggest sharing it with anyone. There is no way lucas oil will do any of what you talking about. It would be a huge money pit, which is basically what Charlotte is. He doesn't have SMI money.

Forrest already built a huge multi-purpose facility in Wheatland. It never gets the crowds or cars.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It amazes me how people think they should spend someone money. Lucas is not building another facility, he loses enough money on the one he has.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    It amazes me how people think they should spend someone money. Lucas is not building another facility, he loses enough money on the one he has.
    Great point👍 I’d love to see someone build a track but yes that’s THEIR money

Unfortunately if you look across the country the last five or six tracks that were either built brand new or were reburbished, have had their stuggles with attracting fans and/or car counts. Vado, Circle City, I 70, WVMS and Bloomsburg come to mine. None have been a home run, despite spending a pretty good chunk of change $$$$ to do so....Just something to think about?

ok i guess no one wants a new track in florida, so forget what what i said about ever building a new track anywhere. the negative neds win! no more new tracks anywhere!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

ok i guess no one wants a new track in florida, so forget what what i said about ever building a new track anywhere. the negative neds win! no more new tracks anywhere!
    Florida real estate a bit of an issue, as far as cost, compared to a lot of places in the country.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

are any other tracks in florida in danger of closing? i think speedweeks as we know it will end after 2024. im guessing no more than 2 shows each at ocala and all tech and maybe 5 shows at volusia. golden isles is a big track so i dont know if racers will want to run there a full week there after running everywhere else before.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

are any other tracks in florida in danger of closing? i think speedweeks as we know it will end after 2024. im guessing no more than 2 shows each at ocala and all tech and maybe 5 shows at volusia. golden isles is a big track so i dont know if racers will want to run there a full week there after running everywhere else before.
    Volusia has more shows now than they used to. I think the schedule will stay about the same in length, just the destinations change.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I wish someone could turn the unused 1/2 mile asphalt track at SGMP in Cecil, Ga. to dirt. The dragstrip at it does great. Flo broadcasts some of them. The complex sits right by I-75.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Race them at Hendry County
    Hendry's out in BFE - good luck getting people to go out there. Nothing to do, nowhere to stay for an hour in any direction.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Volusia has more shows now than they used to. I think the schedule will stay about the same in length, just the destinations change.
    I can't see the WoO (WRG) paying the LOLMDS to race at WRG's facility (Volusia) when they can just schedule more WoO LM races.

Lucas is kind of in a pickle without East Bay. Maybe slap some dirt of the unused pavement at DeSoto. Or throw some dirt on Showtime Speedway and watch the locals freak the F out lol. We can always race in Trop Field again too as long as no one wants paid.

Hopefully, Bubba will take the Eastbay dates or at least split them with Alltech!

Many of the locals want Bubba to race weekly again. Hopefully, his financial issues are behind him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    Hendry's out in BFE - good luck getting people to go out there. Nothing to do, nowhere to stay for an hour in any direction.
    Not that different than Vado. I was somewhat joking, but I was at the grand reopening in 2011 or whenever it was. Cars were parked up and down Route 27.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    I can't see the WoO (WRG) paying the LOLMDS to race at WRG's facility (Volusia) when they can just schedule more WoO LM races.

Lucas is kind of in a pickle without East Bay. Maybe slap some dirt of the unused pavement at DeSoto. Or throw some dirt on Showtime Speedway and watch the locals freak the F out lol. We can always race in Trop Field again too as long as no one wants paid.
    I could see WRG renting the track to Lucas. I certainly wouldn't see the arrangement you describe above. My point above is that WRG has added late model races at Volusia, that used to not be on the schedule. Any of the tracks that currently host races could have their schedules expanded.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Default lo

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Forrest already built a huge multi-purpose facility in Wheatland. It never gets the crowds or cars.
    As they say in realty … it’s all about “location, location, location”.