Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How will Lucas Speedweeks schedule look after East Bay?

It doesn't seem like there are any new tracks for Lucas to schedule at once East Bay closes (unless they race more in GA) and it doesn't seem like Bubbas is good enough to race at for more than a few night, so is there anything other than a shorter Speedweeks schedule for the Lucas series after East Bay closes? All-Tech is nice but I don't see them having 6 nights in a row. Best case I think they move Golden Isles to February in hopes of warmer weather and maybe add another race or 2 at All-Tech.

Race them at Hendry County
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thumbs up

North Florida Speedway possibly.

One of the Modified drivers that used to race up my way Tom Bell just moved there and bought the track last winter. He’s talked about it a bit
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Didnt realize N. Florida was under new ownership, that could definitely be an option.

Has Screven ever been an option? They usually hold a race in early February usually. Southern All-Stars are running for $10,000 this weekend.

GIS will get the east bay dates is what I was told. It's not east bay, but there is only one of those, nothing else compares to it. I will be interested in seeing where else might get a chance.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    GIS will get the east bay dates is what I was told. It's not east bay, but there is only one of those, nothing else compares to it. I will be interested in seeing where else might get a chance.
    I would hate more races at GIS. Just too cold and doesn’t have the full vibe or East Bay or Volusia too me. Gray, cold and only raced good this year in my opinion.

I know this is a pipe dream, but why would someone not want to build a track near Tampa or Orlando area or in between? Speedweeks races from sprints to late models are generally well attended. As fast as they build Gateway and the Chili Bowl it does not seem like it would take huge investment to have something small built. Obviously could see if it works out and build it up from there

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Has Screven ever been an option? They usually hold a race in early February usually. Southern All-Stars are running for $10,000 this weekend.
    I don’t see a national tour going there.

I have been to Nirth Florida in Lake City- will never go back: dosen’t matter if it’s Lucas/WOO. Terrible facility (to me).
    For me to replace East Bay- the racing needs to be in a location where there is things to do during the day for a weeks stay. Volusia/East Bay offers that. Bubbas/AllTech/N Florida does not.
    Yes the weather can be cold at GI but: the seating, camping and overall facilities are there and in place. Plus the Atlantic Ocean -Brunswick, Jeckel and St.Simons Island is there.
    Nothing will replace East Bay - but GI would be a suitable replacement from my standpoint.

id like to see more all tech races, weird track looks like but races well

GIS is typically cold and wont be the destination event for fans that the Florida races are and will be.

Does WRG own Volusia? It's a shame they can't work something out to just move over there.

WEG does own Volusia.
    They race many divisions there during Speedweeks. Would they be willing to host Lucas Oil- probably not- but strange things do happen.

Cletus McFarland YouTuber at Bradenton Motorsports park. He needs to build a dirt track

Would it be the end of the world if they do what they do now, minus the east bay week?

last i heard Forrest Lucas was worth $800+ million, he could build a track around orlando somewhere no problem
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Just to replace 6 nights of racing at East Bay?????

forrest lucas could build a multi purpose facility and run lots more shows, including a world finals style week of races for LOLMDS and other Lucas sponsored series
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 02-01-2023 at 08:10 PM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

If someone wanted to build a new track anywhere (including Florida) they would face many walls. Noise ordinances/zoning issues/access to/from facilities/the $$$ needed to get it started/basically it'd take someone with "STUPID" money to even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    forrest lucas could build a multi purpose facility and run lots more shows, including a world finals style week of races for LOLMDS and other Lucas sponsored series
    Ever see how small the crowds are for most of the events at Lucas Oil Speedway??

That is one of the top five facilities in the country, and only has good attendance for about 5-6 shows.

Why would anyone try and develop a money loser, for just one busy week in Florida??