Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Last Night at Screven

Tried to watch the first night of a two nighter at Screven for the Southern Allstars late models, which I usually enjoy. FLO had tech problems which constantly interrupted the broadcast. I didn't have a problem with that, just mildly bothersome. Then suffered through a couple of hours of group qualifying of classes that only friends or family give a hoot about; FWD 4 bangers, Hobbies, Street Stocks and on and on. Never did see a Late Model unless you count 602s. I don't.

Finally gave up and got started on Income Tax stuff for '22 and that was less painful than watching "racing." Question is how on earth do Southern fans put up with watching that stuff? Why oh why does the South run formats like that ? I'd rather pick parasites off my goats.

I'm right there with you. I've tried multiple times to watch some of those race's. I keep checking back throughout the evening and never catch a late model race. Eventually I just give up.
    8/13/16

Screven and Needmore are the WORST!

It gets old getting home at daylight!

The speedweek shows at Bubba's was enjoyable to watch with no support classes.
    8/13/16

Yes it was, unlike Gis!

Just a side note:
    Admission to Bubbas was $40 each, GI was $30 each. Bubbas had a decent crowd both nights.

I looked at the schedule during the day yesterday and saw Late Models today only. It's mainly a $19,000 tw 4 cylinder event, with SAS thrown in tonight.
    Apparently there was drama with the East Bay Mods last night. Going to have to watch the archive.

^
    I think there's 6 support classes 
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Tried to watch the first night of a two nighter at Screven for the Southern Allstars late models, which I usually enjoy. FLO had tech problems which constantly interrupted the broadcast. I didn't have a problem with that, just mildly bothersome. Then suffered through a couple of hours of group qualifying of classes that only friends or family give a hoot about; FWD 4 bangers, Hobbies, Street Stocks and on and on. Never did see a Late Model unless you count 602s. I don't. Finally gave up and got started on Income Tax stuff for '22 and that was less painful than watching "racing." Question is how on earth do Southern fans put up with watching that stuff? Why oh why does the South run formats like that ? I'd rather pick parasites off my goats.
    I agree 100%But to make things worse every time I turned it on there you had Dewhayne giving all the shout outs. Do people think that if they hear their name over the air that they are gonna become the next American Idol. GHEESSSSSSS people get a live.

I quit going g to Screven years ago. First time I went they had the midgets racing on the go-kart track people where standing on the outside perimeter ducking the rocks being thrown at us. At 11:15 pm the woo slm still hadn't seen the racetrack.

It's a shame because if lucas would go take a look at the racing surface they wouldn't hesitate to go there. There is more than enough to do within an hours drive of the track. My neighbor knows Red personally, he agreed, but he also said Red marches to his own beat. He mentioned Red really is not a planner. Shame because that place is one heck of a racetrack.

I hate having 8 classes and done late but some tracks up north do the same

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I agree 100%But to make things worse every time I turned it on there you had Dewhayne giving all the shout outs. Do people think that if they hear their name over the air that they are gonna become the next American Idol. GHEESSSSSSS people get a live.
    I got tired of hearing him say cop stocks and it sounding like he was saying c0ck stock

I get tired of hearing "my gootness" over and over and over. But you can't really complain about watching all night and not getting to see any supers when they weren't even on the schedule for Friday. Southern All Stars are a 1 day show for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Just a side note:
    Admission to Bubbas was $40 each, GI was $30 each. Bubbas had a decent crowd both nights.
    Bubba was also charging for pit bike and quads in the pit area. I guess he had to figure out some way to make some extra money.

Fly there are d*m few tracks up north that run as many classes as in the south. They sure as h*ll do not but 4 cylinders on the clock.

Saw on the DoD writeup that Ross Bailes was driving a Double Nickle Race Car last night. Is that another new DLM chassis?

Double Nickle is a Longhorn Copy by Benji Hicks. Benji worked for Longhorn (as well as Barry Wright) at one time; saw one of his chassis a few weeks ago- (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near bar for bar a Longhorn....

55 is Benji hicks car # when he raced. I guess that's where he gets dbl nickle chassis from

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Fly there are d*m few tracks up north that run as many classes as in the south. They sure as h*ll do not but 4 cylinders on the clock.
    you've never visited sycamore im guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    55 is Benji hicks car # when he raced. I guess that's where he gets dbl nickle chassis from
    Yes, great guy. I can remember racing him on karts at his dad's kart track up in Mt. Airy (believe it was called '89 Fun Center', he was maybe 10 years old at the time but not afraid of using the bumper. Raced with all of the Hick's back in the day (Billy, Tony, and Mark), alot of success in that family. Ross was driving for Billy not long ago, probably the connection for him to get in the chassis.