Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

$5k to win is so ridiculous, they were paying that for a 1993 UMP Summernationals race. Make it $7k Monday/Tuesday, $10k Wednesday/Thursday, $12k Friday, $15k Saturday.

I like the idea of having it like a "best of" situation. Take your best 3 finishes and count them toward points. Yeah, some guys will still take nights off, but you'd be more likely to get early week races if you knew you were trying to get a banker night in, just in case you had a dnf later in the week in the bigger races.

Win $5k. Kill $1.8k in tires.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It’s just prelim night folks

I actually enjoyed the show, diverse group of drivers. Lots of regional guys got to make the show, that's always good.

The first 3 nights at East Bay are not part of the throw away format for Lucas Points. It’s the best 5 races of all Lucas Ga/Fl races -excluding Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at East Bay. My point being: I think some folks think these first 3 nights can be considered as throw away races.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the show, diverse group of drivers. Lots of regional guys got to make the show, that's always good.
    This. Good to see some different drivers in the mix.

Keep on wishing for a one chassis series! Trust me, you wont like the end result!

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Keep on wishing for a one chassis series! Trust me, you wont like the end result!
    That’s the dam truth 👍

WoO doesn't run six points paying races in a row at Volusia either. So if Lucas said the MLRA is sanctioning the first three races that would make a difference?

The field was still good. The racing was pretty good. If the top guys sit out because they don't want to take chances of wrecking before the points paying races, it gives the regional guys a better chance to race up front and compete for $5k.

I don't see a down side to this. It would be great if the purse was better, but I'd still rather see racing early in the week than watch something else. And I thought it was cool seeing Overton run the Warrior. You won't get to see that very often the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    WoO doesn't run six points paying races in a row at Volusia either. So if Lucas said the MLRA is sanctioning the first three races that would make a difference?

The field was still good. The racing was pretty good. If the top guys sit out because they don't want to take chances of wrecking before the points paying races, it gives the regional guys a better chance to race up front and compete for $5k.

I don't see a down side to this. It would be great if the purse was better, but I'd still rather see racing early in the week than watch something else. And I thought it was cool seeing Overton run the Warrior. You won't get to see that very often the rest of the season.
    Hey Snake great post...

The racing was fixing to turn sour and had, except for Millwood valiant effort. They are going to rubber the track to death with those NLMT1 tires this week.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The racing was fixing to turn sour and had, except for Millwood valiant effort. They are going to rubber the track to death with those NLMT1 tires this week.
    Well, I hope not. You never know with East bay though.

@TowerView - thanks!

Well, I hope not. You never know with East bay though.

@TowerView - thanks!
    They are fighting an uphill battle with the cards stacked against them
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Another 5 to 10 laps and that race could have gotten real interesting. If a few guys would have gone up top at the end, it would have come in quicker.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by mab475 View Post
    Yeah with most the fast Longhorn drivers taking off. You probably couldn't notice that with Mark Richard's crotch in your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Another 5 to 10 laps and that race could have gotten real interesting. If a few guys would have gone up top at the end, it would have come in quicker.
    By looking at the pics of some of the tires after the race, we would've been seeing a lot of flats in another 3-5 laps. You could almost see the air in a few of them.

If next year wasn't the last year at East Bay, would 30 late models even show up? This track has been awful since the promoter announced it was closing a few years ago.

hope the light situation in turn 1 gets fixed before wednesdays show. those portable lights are distracting
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    If next year wasn't the last year at East Bay, would 30 late models even show up? This track has been awful since the promoter announced it was closing a few years ago.
    I've started calling it Pittsburgh South, Band-Aids everywhere actual fixes nowhere.