Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Something different. Late Model races at tracks most never seen.

What tracks have you seen a Late Model race at that most on the board probably never seen a Late Model race at?

My first thought is Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana. The track runs 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars weekly with UMP Modifieds, Indiana Super Stocks, & Bombers. Very seldom do they run Late Model Races. Caught a UMP Summer Nationals Race there some years back.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Grandview Speedway
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Springfield Illinois. 1 mile track. First time I seen Brian Shirley in a modified.
    8/13/16

Duquoin state fairgrounds

Little Springfield Speedway (IL), not sure how often they ran LM there?

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    Duquoin state fairgroundsLittle Springfield Speedway (IL), not sure how often they ran LM there?
    Man, imagine the speeds on a track that size.

I've been to several of the Illinois Fall Nationals when they ran at Springfield. Duquoin also. I know duquoin hosted a summer national event and maybe the stacker 2 series. Bloomer won on both miles with a little 360 inch engine under the hood while everyone else was running something well over 430 inches. I miss those races. The Thriller owns the track record at Springfield with a 28.175. Check me on that though please. I also remember Tommy Scott, a local sprint car driver taking the track for a few practice laps after late model qualifying. He was 4 seconds faster than the late models. I believe Mark Richards put a video on Twitter of when the WoO ran at Springfield and they were rolling out of the gas at 168 mph. That's funking balls right there

Bradford Speedway Rew, PA. Mckean County Fair Raceway Smethport, PA

Gumby32d, correct on Miller's fast time. It was somewhere in the 27 second bracket. He actually broke his own record that day. He and Birky were the class of the field the last couple years.
    Heading into the corner at 168 mph with no banking and a guard rail took some serious balz.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    What tracks have you seen a Late Model race at that most on the board probably never seen a Late Model race at?

My first thought is Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana. The track runs 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars weekly with UMP Modifieds, Indiana Super Stocks, & Bombers. Very seldom do they run Late Model Races. Caught a UMP Summer Nationals Race there some years back.
    Back around 1980 Putnamville ran Late Models every Sunday night, and Sprints on Friday nights.

I saw Charlie Swartz win an $1800 to win late model race and blow the motor up on the last lap.

Might have been a Northern All Star race.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Springfield Illinois. 1 mile track. First time I seen Brian Shirley in a modified.
    late models struggled on the mile. The best racing on the Springfield Mile now is AMA flat track Motorcycle race. You must see them once. Very exciting competition.

Been there, done that Mud. Springfield and the Peoria tt are always marked on my calendar.
    As far as late models struggling, I think it was the speeds that just got to fast for the configuration.
    8/13/16

The old 5/8th's at Bridgeport Speedway in New Jersey. They only ran a few DLM races, but I remember one time, Ricky Elliott, Rick Eckert and Austin Hubbard really going at it. The speeds were unbelievable. If I remember correctly, they only had 18 or so cars, but the fans felt they got their monies worth. They tried bringing back the DLM's last year at the newly reconfigured high banked 4/10th's but it got rained out. I don't think the late models are on the 2023 schedule. BUMMER,
    Last edited by BTExpress; 02-06-2023 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    The old 5/8th's at Bridgeport Speedway in New Jersey. They only ran a few DLM races, but I remember one time, Ricky Elliott, Rick Eckert and Austin Hubbard really going at it. The speeds were unbelievable. If I remember correctly, they only had 18 or so cars, but the fans felt they got their monies worth. They tried bringing back the DLM's last year at the newly reconfigured high banked 4/10th's but it got rained out. I don't think the late models are on the 2023 schedule. BUMMER,
    Late Models were rained out in 2021. They ran there last year in 2022. Rick Eckert won after Colbey Frye flipped out of the lead. It was on Flo.

"Late Models were rained out in 2021. They ran there last year in 2022. Rick Eckert won after Colbey Frye flipped out of the lead. It was on Flo."

Thanks, that is right. Getting old I guess!

Bradford has had a few ULMS races there over the last few years, had some really good 2-3 wide racing for the lead. That track puts on some great racing and is definitely a hidden gem
    Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Bradford Speedway Rew, PA. Mckean County Fair Raceway Smethport, PA

Angell Park Speedway
    Pecatonica Motor Speedway
    Bureau County Speedway
    Mendota Fairgrounds Speedway

Path Valley, PA. Also saw them run on modified slicks on the pavement once at Punta Gorda a few years ago which was wild.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Angell Park Speedway
    Pecatonica Motor Speedway
    Bureau County Speedway
    Mendota Fairgrounds Speedway
    Bureau County Speedway was a gem. One 0f the best S.Natl, race i saw between Birky and Babb maybe 15 years ago. Odds D shape track was a hand full for the drivers.

In September 2006 I made the long haul to Aledo Raceway in Aledo, Illinois for a LM special and I am I ever glad I did. It was just a racy little bullring all night long - witnessed an entertaining battle between three Quad City greats, Webb, Guss and Toland. Almost certainly the only time I'll ever set foot in that facility but really enjoyed my one time there. Aledo is the hometown of awesome country singer, Suzy Bogguss.

Winterfest at Challanger raceway in pa. Place put on some great racing.