Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson

Default Hudson

The young man is out of control. Yes everyone knows team valvoline is, if not the best ride out there. He is trying so hard to go fast he can't get control of the car. I had a birdie tell me Huddie was not the first choice for the seat. This report came after the shows at GIS. The driver they wanted did not want to be away from home and family during the week working in Shinstown. Reportedly he had some conditions that they could not agree on.

Well, he was the first choice they could get.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Pump the brakes….he finished 2nd the last 2 nights. I’m sure Hudson has put a large amount of pressure on himself, but no time to hit the panic button after making the heat race mistake.

He will do fine. Going to be one of the best. He is already.

I believe he is just trying to hard to prove himself. This is not uncommon for a driver to step in one of the best rides in the sport and not feel the pressure to not only do good but, win. I believe he will be fine once they get the car to his liking. They're not that far off.

Tireguy17 agreed.........................................

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    The young man is out of control. Yes everyone knows team valvoline is, if not the best ride out there. He is trying so hard to go fast he can't get control of the car. I had a birdie tell me Huddie was not the first choice for the seat. This report came after the shows at GIS. The driver they wanted did not want to be away from home and family during the week working in Shinstown. Reportedly he had some conditions that they could not agree on.
    Would you have been pleased if he had got in line and settled for 8th in the heat. Some of the drivers grew a set and tried to make things happen. I had an idiot tell me the same rumor about the driver selection. 3 days without any horn jizz got some of you going off the edge.

Naaa, not me. I think that the rocket cars are doing ok. My birdie spent 3 days at GIS, as I came to find out he is a pretty respectable engine guy. His boy races on occassion, they currently have a Mastersbuilt pc there trying to get figured out for 1 of the southern series.

Who was their first choice then?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    It sounds Huddy is driving like a Duddy ?

All I know is I’m already sick of hearing people call him Huddie!

The kid is like 20-21 years old finished second twice this week and now we want to kick him out of the ride LOL. I won't disagree that the pressure has gotten to him, you can tell in his postrace interviews, once he settles down a little bit, it'll be business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    It sounds Huddy is driving like a Duddy ?
    You spelled "daddy" wrong...

Rocket sold out of those knee pads.

Rocket still looks strong to me. Top 4 were Rockets tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Rocket sold out of those knee pads.
    You're mumbling, take that horn out of your mouth.

And here I thunk that young Hudee O'Nail was going to nail it to victory lane by now ?

While I will agree Hudson is definetely pressing and feeling the pressure, statisically he is off to a better start than Brandon Sheppard so far, for what it is worth. That being said, it is a LONG season and I am sure both will have sucess in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Who was their first choice then?
    he dont know. he's rambling on again .

His daddy was a little rough in his time. They called him Bend Your Steel ONEAL for a reason. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. But the kid gets it done.

Bend your steel jr. will do fine with since he's allowed to jump starts and drive over other cars with zero consequences.