Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hudson

Not a Hudson fan or Erb fan. Dennis runs "the Dennis lin..." aka the go cart or quarter midget line, always has. It's a blocking tactic that puts him in the bottom of the turn and he goes all the way out to the wall on the straights. He never gives anyone a full lane. Last night it bit him in the butt.
    Dennis blocked the outside on the straight and when the 1 tried to crossover, there's the 28 trying to get back down to block the bottom and didn't get there fast enough.
    I would love to see the drone footage.
    Ask anyone that races Dennis and they'll tell you, with the line he runs, he's all over the track and hard to pass.
    I don't think Hud did him dirty at all.

then what was the reason for hudson apologizing? dennis was already planted on the bottom when hud bulldozed him. erb gave him and others room at the top on the straights.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Actually gained more respect for O'neal after his interviews where he admitted to his mistakes. Yes it sucked for Erb and Babb but, if you're in the sport long enough you're more than likely to encounter this at some point.
    if zero25 pokes you in the nose, you've gained respect cuz he said he was sorry? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    Not a Hudson fan or Erb fan. Dennis runs "the Dennis lin..." aka the go cart or quarter midget line, always has. It's a blocking tactic that puts him in the bottom of the turn and he goes all the way out to the wall on the straights. He never gives anyone a full lane. Last night it bit him in the butt.
    Dennis blocked the outside on the straight and when the 1 tried to crossover, there's the 28 trying to get back down to block the bottom and didn't get there fast enough.
    Ask anyone that races Dennis and they'll tell you, with the line he runs, he's all over the track and hard to pass.
    I am a Dennis Erb fan and this above is the best explanation of what happened. Hudson was along the inside of Dennis entering turn 1, if anything Dennis should of moved up higher in the corner once Hudson was alongside of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    I am a Dennis Erb fan and this above is the best explanation of what happened. Hudson was along the inside of Dennis entering turn 1, if anything Dennis should of moved up higher in the corner once Hudson was alongside of him.
    Serious question. Why would the leader just give up his line to a car whose nose is not ahead of his? In all reality, Hudson would have passed him clean on the top in another couple laps anyway. Instead, he goes for a risky move with plenty of race left that cost a bunch of men a bunch of money. I don't buy the "aw shucks" interview afterwards either since he's done this move a number of times. There's something about being in that car that makes people unaccountable for their actions. Like "Instant a**hole, just add house car".

I have no dog in the fight....pretty much a racing incident to me. Was Hudson being agressive, absolutely. But was he trying to take Dennis out...no way. Unfortunately each fan will see what they want to see, depending on who you are rooting for.

I like both drivers, but if I had to place blame for the incident, I’d say it was 65% Erb’s fault and 35% Huddy.

I believe the fella that caused it accepted 100% of the blame. Won't say the name as to not hurt anyone's feelings.
    8/13/16

Dennis Erb is the hardest guy in all of dirt late model racing to race clean, but nobody ever wants to talk about that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It was dumb of Hudson to try and dive under the Dennis knowing his tendencies. 99% of the time, the 28 will never leave the other guy a lane. Regardless, if you have shown him a nose or not. I've always said him and the late great Delmas Conley were the hardest racers to pass in this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    This is where I’m at. Dennis Erb Jr. is my favorite driver, has been since I was 12 years old. He’s a great driver but his style when he’s in front is frustrating for the driver behind him. I don’t blame Hudson for what happened. They were both being aggressive and racing hard and contact was going to be made no matter what.

Watching the replay though, I do think Erb gave him a little bit of room going into turn 1. It kinda looked like Hudson expected his momentum to be enough to slide cleanly in front of the 28’s nose. Evidently he overestimated how much of an advantage he had over Erb going into the corner.

Dennis screwed up, plain and simple. Left a lane, Hudson took it, Dennis tried to force his way down and crashed. The only thing Hudson did wrong was try to stay friends by taking the blame. And like everything, this will be seen from 2 perspectives completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I believe the fella that caused it accepted 100% of the blame. Won't say the name as to not hurt anyone's feelings.
    In which I gained more respect for him in doing so. I won't say his name either lol......

dennis knew he was there, he tried to pinch him, he paid the price, thats all there is to the story
    i like the aggressiveness of hudson but in the points deal he does need to calm down a bit, 2nd would have been a good points night

I watched that deal between erb and hudson I think it was a racing deal I think it was a sh!t happens thing i think 28 was running the center then cutting the bottom tight and hudson got a great run and just got down in the corner the same time erb came down.I like both drivers I hated to see it happen but it was just one of those things..Young drivers drive hard thats just part of it...Every driver makes mistakes ,mis judges or the hole closes up.If a driver doesnot do or have these things happen there not a race car driver I mean a fast winning driver...

The Longhorn Killer does it again!😱

That #1 team is on fire right now

Anyone see Pierce’s comment about jumping the start in the heat race? What does that tell you about the guy that jumps almost every time? Even his competitors know he gets away with it.

Trying to get an advantage on a start/restart is not anything new. Some series' give you one jump without penalty, some don't. If the series allows you one screw up, you're foolish to not try. Of all the complaints about Pierce on here, I have to say this is a new one.