Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rockets Again top 4...O'neal Wins..

Rockets look good again and O'neal ran will good...Fast time...Heat win and Feature win..

Not you dirtluver but I guess now we'll have to hear from some of the 4M experts that the Longhorns are second rate and those has beens Overton, Davenport and Shep are really over the hill and should take the job offers from their brothers-in-law at the carwash. I'm waiting....

NP...over4T...I like all the drivers. I love racing all together. I get tired of seeing some people just want to cut down who ever they can...If everyone would just enjoy there self and have fun. The world would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Well I have been watching dirt late model racing for over 20 years.. seen a lot so I know what I'm talking about.. maybe an expert.. but what I see is the Longhorns are second rate and those has beens Overton, Davenport and Shep are really over the hill and should take the job offers from their brothers-in-law at the carwash.
    20 years lol, your just a rookie .

Yep the horn camp sure is quite. I wonder if B Shepp gets himself a real race car now. Hahahhhahahahhh

yep, its the end of the line for longhorn. put a fork in 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    20 years lol, your just a rookie .
    hook. line, sinker.

Actually last night just emphasized that the chassis is just one piece of the puzzle. Power plant, drive train, electrical, walls, are equally important.

Rockets are a lot better than Horns in the mud, and when you have to run sideways.
    What chassis won all the races till they got to Easbay and it was slick and you kept the car much straighter ? Horns!!
    Front end geometry, on the XR1 is atrocious at best, especially the RF !!
    If you can get one in the corner, it will not come off.
    If it is like hearding goats on corner entry, it will come off the corner hard.
    Before all you 4m keyboard racers pile drive me with your opinions, I have an XR1 crate car so i do know a bit about them.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I have it on good authority that the smoothest ride comes with the chassis under Santa's sleigh.

Another front row lucas oil show !!!

Like Jimmy, Owen said in his interview, running around in the mud.
    It seems the new 1 tire compound just peels off and lays rubber, unless the track is slimy and muddy.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Kevin Rumley is probably on vacation this week and nobody can get ahold of him….
    Seriously, I think East Bay is a Rocket friendly track.

And Huddy was in his “back up car “ ?

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Rockets are a lot better than Horns in the mud, and when you have to run sideways.
    What chassis won all the races till they got to Easbay and it was slick and you kept the car much straighter ? Horns!!
    Front end geometry, on the XR1 is atrocious at best, especially the RF !!
    If you can get one in the corner, it will not come off.
    If it is like hearding goats on corner entry, it will come off the corner hard.
    Before all you 4m keyboard racers pile drive me with your opinions, I have an XR1 crate car so i do know a bit about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Like Jimmy, Owen said in his interview, running around in the mud.
    It seems the new 1 tire compound just peels off and lays rubber, unless the track is slimy and muddy.
    Most of the people on this site don't understand anything you are saying here Joey. I'm not a rocket or longhorn fanboy, but we will see where they are next week when we're not playing in sandy/slimy mud.

Yes Eastbay appears to suit the Rockets especially early in the night like qualifying and heat races. Just like Eastbay was awful Rayburn friendly years ago. I don't think Eastbay is racing nearly as good as it did years ago either. The clay seems completely worn out and full of rubber or something. The Longhorns will be just fine when the mud disappears I'm betting. We'll see if the Rocket success continues at Volusia?

Rocket is a bit off from where they need to be, but there is only 1 chassis manufacturer in the country that wouldn't trade their place in the sport with them right now. The sport needs more successful chassis builders IMO

Quote Originally Posted by roughride View Post
    Yes Eastbay appears to suit the Rockets especially early in the night like qualifying and heat races. Just like Eastbay was awful Rayburn friendly years ago. I don't think Eastbay is racing nearly as good as it did years ago either. The clay seems completely worn out and full of rubber or something. The Longhorns will be just fine when the mud disappears I'm betting. We'll see if the Rocket success continues at Volusia?
    Nice post. I was thinking the same thing about Rayburns. They weren't a real threat to win at one time but they were really dominate at EB. Some tracks suit some chassis differently than others.
    Probably see a flip flop at Volusia. Both will be fine.
    Been a nice diversity of chassis brands running well at EB. Nice to see.
    8/13/16

Hudson O’Neal is better than I gave him credit for

Those Texas cows crapped on the wrong spaceship cage!