Thread: Deck Height

Default Deck Height

Are they checking deck height at East Bay? Before or after the feature? By the look of the Rocket 1 in victory lane it doesn't look like it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    Are they checking deck height at East Bay? Before or after the feature? By the look of the Rocket 1 in victory lane it doesn't look like it. Lol
    Droop rule has replaced deck height. If you entered a leaf spring car, you would set the deck at 50 inches and pass. The only thing that matters in their world is your deck height, 6" inboard from top of quarter panel, when they jack your car up enough to freely rotate your lr tire. It doesn't matter that how your rear end falls away from the chassis has nothing to do with how the chassis rotates and moves compared to the rear in racing conditions.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-10-2023 at 01:13 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Droop rule has replaced deck height. If you entered a leaf spring car, you would set the deck at 50 inches and pass. The only thing that matters in their world is your deck height, 6" inboard from top of quarter panel, when they jack your car up enough to freely rotate your lr tire. It doesn't matter that how your rear end falls away from the chassis has nothing to do with how the chassis rotates and moves compared to the rear in racing conditions.
    Would a leaf spring car be legal with the stupid a55 2016 suspension rules? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    Would a leaf spring car be legal with the stupid a55 2016 suspension rules? LOL!
    I was thinking they still allowed leaf. Haven't read it for a while. The droop rule actually would help make one competitive, but you would still be missing the side load they generate from the rear being so out of square with the body, once they hike up.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I went and skimmed thru the new rules. Leaf spring is specifically allowed under the spring section. However, what we traditionally call a leaf suspension is obviously missing a lot of the parts described in the other sections. My guess is they would laugh at you and let you run. If you started winning, phone calls would quickly shut you down.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Deck Height is in the 2023 Unified rule book, thats why I was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    Deck Height is in the 2023 Unified rule book, thats why I was asking.
    Im pretty sure it has gone to the ignore list that most of the bodies rules have been on for years. It's true they could set the nose at 15" and measure it, like the rule says, but it just doesn't happen unless someone complains about someone. Tech just doesn't take very long, when it's actually conducted.

I don't know of any static deck measurements being done, since the droop was brought in.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

They measure stuff sometimes, lol

The RR still has to be at 39" at ride height, they will usually check the nose height and RR deck hieght before the races start in the line up area. The LR deck is not measured anymore with the droop rule, you can be whatever gets you to the 51" but the RR still has to meet the 39" rule statically.

Basically: nose and RR deck is checked before the race
    LR deck at droop after the race and nothing else is generally rechecked at ride height
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 02-10-2023 at 01:21 PM.