Thread: Rain dates?

Default Rain dates?

Why can’t we get any rain dates anymore? I realize that they are starting at Volusia on Monday but there limited races left at East Bay. I was thinking about going down next year but this definitely causes concern.

Apparently rain dates are as long gone as equal clearance noses and leaf springs!

The last time they made up a race on Sunday was in 2006. It's kind of a chance you take when you hold a week long series. 5 out of 6 nights being completed is pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good IMO.

Plus, it's Super Bowl Sunday. How many locals are going to show up? I know there's the sect that puts racing above everything but I personally like more than one sport. I can see a promoter thinking they might take a bath at the gate going up against a big event.

zerO18
    I think you should definitely stay home next year since you live in a “Perfect World”

Supercross was just up the road in Tampa last night. Ran in the rain (i know what late models cannot run in the rain) to a packed house, show was over by 945 pm. They run a great show!

At least East Bay cancelled early and didn’t cost anyone anything. Volusia rolled the dice and tried to run and ended up p1ssing off those who bought tickets and didn’t see the WoO feature.

Default Foxgirl

My perfect world would not include d-bags like you. Thanks for you 2 cents Fox girl.

fox, girl? no wonder!

Supercross runs a good show

I've noticed that rain dates are becoming a thing of the past period, not just during speedweeks. How many races get outright cancelled now, rather than rescheduled? I think they are going with a philosophy of cramming as many races in as they can get, hoping for the best, knowing that most rainouts will just fall out of the schedule altogether. I guess that's a calculated risk decision that they are willing to take right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Supercross runs a good show
    I enjoy that. Rain doesn't stop them from putting on a show. They keep the flow moving right along and whoever gets the hole shot isn't mostly guaranteed the win like one of the front row starters at a place like East Bay. Tomac is King ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 02-13-2023 at 11:47 AM.

BHfan, I think you are right. Especially considering how many races they've expanded to, they still will have a long event filled season without making up rain outs. January to October 20? I'd guess these guys enjoy some of these rain outs.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    BHfan, I think you are right. Especially considering how many races they've expanded to, they still will have a long event filled season without making up rain outs. January to October 20? I'd guess these guys enjoy some of these rain outs.
    You're right, they do still have plenty of races for the drivers, for sure. The only problem is for people who live in an area that only gets one stop a year, to know if there's rain, they'll probably call it early and not come back till next year

I always buy my ticket day by day at East Bay, just because of this. I don't attend a make-up race during the day...
    My week at EB was great.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!