Thread: Hudson - rocket

Default Hudson - rocket

well it is early but if rocket keeps finding what hudson likes, its going to be a long year for everyone, i knew he could drive, but he is a threat every race now
    give em hell kid !!!! they need it, and give yourself a little credit, your driving the chit out of it !!!
    I'm interested if he can keep his calm for the 100 lappers, time will tell, but he looks really strong right now

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    well it is early but if rocket keeps finding what hudson likes, its going to be a long year for everyone, i knew he could drive, but he is a threat every race nowgive em hell kid !!!! they need it, and give yourself a little credit, your driving the chit out of it !!!I'm interested if he can keep his calm for the 100 lappers, time will tell, but he looks really strong right now
    He has won crown jewels before if anything you would think he would be getting wiser with age …. I expect him to have an extremely strong year … Bshep has to be going hmmm as he looks from back in the pack … not a slam at all for his decision to leave rocket as it was family based and all credit to him there Family first … but he sure jumped ship quick

They definitely got him to drive smarter. Everyone talks about the team some others have, I have always said I will put team rocket up against anyone out there. They work there tails off. I'm wondering when Shepp is going to bring the rocket out ? All these guys that jumped ship don't seem to be adjusting to the horns as quickly as Raceready was hoping for.

Just a daily reminder that Mark and Rocket1 made BShepp what he became. Shepp was just another in a long line of successful drivers to occupy that seat.

Yes Mark did help make Sheppard what he is but, make no mistake about it you have to be a wheelman to drive the equipment and be able to win when given the opportunity and Sheppard did just that.

I don't believe the story about BShepp wanting to be closer to home and putting his family first. Just look at his 2023 schedule. He's been on the road since the beginning of January.

The split wasn't as amicable as some would lead you to believe. Trust me.

Especially the second part of last season that rocket was not up to snuff. In fact the one was beaten thoroughly quite often. I don't pretend to know what happened with the split, but it seems B Shepp likes running the WOO more than the Lucas also.

Don't get me wrong, most drivers would have loved to have the season that Shepp had, but it was below his usual standards.

Hard to judge much on Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    The split wasn't as amicable as some would lead you to believe. Trust me.
    I suspect you are spot on that quick move may have been somewhat out of spite but who knows …. Also agree that Florida doesn’t tell us a lot I don’t think JD won till like late April last year he wound up doing above average lol

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    I don't believe the story about BShepp wanting to be closer to home and putting his family first. Just look at his 2023 schedule. He's been on the road since the beginning of January.
    You must not know the Sheppard family. I predicted two years ago that he would come back home to the family car. I was just a year late. I can see at some point him running a schedule closer to what Bobby ran the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    You must not know the Sheppard family. I predicted two years ago that he would come back home to the family car. I was just a year late. I can see at some point him running a schedule closer to what Bobby ran the last few years.
    I didn't expect it to last as long as it did. Not to many women would go with that lifestyle especially when their are kids involved.
    8/13/16

IMO, the fact that he left and immediately started driving a Longhorn tells a lot. Sorta like working for Henry Ford's family for years and leaving, then driving straight to a Chevrolet dealer and buying a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I didn't expect it to last as long as it did. Not to many women would go with that lifestyle especially when their are kids involved.
    Agreed...........................................

Brandon brought more positive attention and respect to rocket 1program than any driver before him……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BBQ They both Mark and Brandon benefitted from Brandon driving the car while he was there. I have no idea if they had a fallen out or not but, at some point Brandon was going to come back home and drive the family car. The Sheppard's are a close nit family and have a lot of fans in the area where he lives. Like I said at some point I see him running a schedule close to what Bobby did the last few years.

I agree kid, they both benefited tremendously…..

I couldn't disagree more. When Josh was running the car before he left and had that accident . Josh brought a lot, no telling what the record books may have looked like if he stayed in the car.

No doubt Josh had a great run, not taking that away…….Brandon did it without earning any nicknames is what I’m saying.

^^^^^ totally agree