Default Smoky Mountain Speedway reconfiguration videos

Smoky Mountain Speedway held their first and only practice session last night on the new 3/8-mile layout. Folks can go to the track's Facebook page to see some videos. https://www.facebook.com/SmokyMtnSpeed

Looks good! I like the shorter track! Hopefully it will race good.

I didn't get to race on big tracks very much, so I really enjoyed the one time I did get to race at Smoky Mountain. I really hated to see them shorten it. It was one of the few tracks in the southeast that was bigger than a 3/8ths. I thought it was kinda cool to have a track to break up the monotony. That being said, I understand the reasoning for the change and it looks like it turned out great! I'm anxious to watch some racing on the new layout.

Hats off to Roger Sellers and his daughter Casey Moses. They have totally embraced the sport of dirt racing. Besides owning Double Down Motorsports with drivers Devin Moran and Robbie Moses- they are now the sole owners of Smoky Mountain Speedway. They have made many improvements to the facility and Roger knew the big track wasn’t very racey. Hopefully his investment into the track reconfiguration will produce more entertainment for the fans and racers as well.
    Again, Kudo’s to Roger, Casey and the entire staff at Smoky Mountain- we need more track promoters like the Sellers Family.

Yes, a big shout out to Sellers and all at Smoky Mountain. We post all day about the negative, but quite a few good things going on and people need to know we do appreciate it. We have one race scheduled there this year, looking forward to it as racing in Tn is always a good time.

Looking forward to making the trip down this weekend for both nights, and possibly going to Cherokee on Sunday.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    Looking forward to making the trip down this weekend for both nights, and possibly going to Cherokee on Sunday.
    Be lucky if they don’t cancel by Wednesday or Thursday way weather is looking

We'll be watching the weather, as we plan to leave Thursday evening about 5-1/2 hours drive.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    Sunny weather for Cherokee on Sunday 65°