Post Smoky Mountain Speedway/WoO weekend PPD

This weekend's World of Outlaws action at Smoky Mountain Speedway has been postponed because of the forecasted rain and storms the next 2 days. The Tennessee Tipoff will now be a one-day show on Thursday, March 16 for $10,000 to win. Support classes and ticket prices will be announced soon. Those that bought tickets ahead of time may go back to myracepass.com to get a full refund.

Saturday forecast for Maryville looking right. Not quite understanding why they didn’t keep the Saturday date and avoid the reschedule, unless Seller’s looked at the forecast for Friday and figured it’d be risky to try and get the track into shape. Logistically though I get that the rescheduled date works well with the Boyd’s shows the following nights.

If we get four inches of rain likes being mentioned between now and Saturday, Saturdays forecast doesn’t matter.

We got hammered last night. It sucks when a local show gets canceled but I feel like this was a good move.

I live in Sevier County and schools here were cancelled today due to flooding and more rain is expected tomorrow afternoon/evening. They didn't have much choice but to postpone in my opinion.

Welcome to racing in the month of March.
    8/13/16