Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spring Nationals at Swainsboro

Am I missing something somewhere? It’s supposed to be on Flo but I don’t see it? I looked on the app and the website and don’t see it on either

FB says techinical difficulties, will not be shown live!

Ok thanks I don’t have FB

Lucas oil tv turned out to be a crap show, Flo is following suite.

Overton won. Track was typical Swainsboro. Sam Seawright, from the pole, led the first half or so of the race, with Overton trying a couple different times to take the lead up top. The 76 finally made it happen on a track that was mostly one lane on the bottom. SS settled for second, and was the only car who could keep pace with Overton. Eighth starting Mikey Marlar finished third.

Since we couldn't watch the race on FLO, whose car was Modified driver Ethan Dotson in? I didn;t even know he drove DLM's. A fourth place finish is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Lucas oil tv turned out to be a crap show, Flo is following suite.
    I can't recall FLO ever having this problem before. This site is full of divas.

Heats and feature posted on DOD.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Since we couldn't watch the race on FLO, whose car was Modified driver Ethan Dotson in? I didn;t even know he drove DLM's. A fourth place finish is impressive.
    Chris Bragg,

I too was surprised to see the Bakersfield Mod star in a LM but not at all surprised to see Dotson's results. Finishing 4th is probably disappointing for Ethan. He's about as good as they come in the Modifieds and probably wouldn't take long for him to be winning in Late Models.

Do they run a record number support classes at every big race down south or is this not the norm?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Do they run a record number support classes at every big race down south or is this not the norm?
    Yes they do. Which is why my wife and I attend more races out of state, than we attend locally here in South Georgia. The cry from promoters these days is, “support your local track”. We will gladly and completely support our local tracks. When they show us they care and respect our support. That doesn’t happen down here.

Some of those Florida speedweeks races had 1 to none support classes. That's why I was curious.
    8/13/16

All the races I go to have tons of support classes. It's easy if u don't like the support classes then go kill time in your vehicle or go feed you face a time or too. Up and coming racers have to start somehow and can't just jump in a late model. Yes it can be annoying but give them a break. You know sometimes the support classes can put on a good show
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 03-04-2023 at 06:10 PM.

USMTS opener tonight has 87 modifieds plus 4 support classes. This drives me nuts. Should not run more than 2 support classes with a national series.

"USMTS opener tonight has 87 modifieds plus 4 support classes. This drives me nuts. Should not run more than 2 support classes with a national series."

Could not agree more. I will gladly pay more for a National Series, be it Late Models, Sprint Cars etc just so I DO NOT have to sit through a bunch of support classes. I am there, like the majority of fans, to see the Big Guns. Leave the trillion support classes for the weekly shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    USMTS opener tonight has 87 modifieds plus 4 support classes. This drives me nuts. Should not run more than 2 support classes with a national series.
    96 cars in those 4 support classes plus the 87 mods probably going to be a late night at Rocket Raceway.

So a track that runs weekly with support classes, holds a big regional or national series is supposed to say to their loyal weekly racers *don't come to our big race, stay home, we don't want you here because you are boring and the fans hate you?"

Today more tracks make more money from the back gate than the front gate, and you all expect them to just spit on there loyal racers?

AHHHH YES, for a big National or Regional race. Most of those types of races attract alot of out of town fans as well. Thankfully my local tracks only have one or maybe two support divisions for those shows and it works out just fine, usually with packed grandstands.

Quote Originally Posted by usac7 View Post
    So a track that runs weekly with support classes, holds a big regional or national series is supposed to say to their loyal weekly racers *don't come to our big race, stay home, we don't want you here because you are boring and the fans hate you?"

Today more tracks make more money from the back gate than the front gate, and you all expect them to just spit on there loyal racers?
    That's exactly what they should say to them! It's not the fans' fault that they suck and drag show on until the wee hours of the morning. Or run all of the headline division show first, then the support divisions can crash each other until the sun comes up and nobody will care.