Wil Herrington and JCM Motorsports Register First Win of 2023
Georgia Racer Earns $10,053 for First-Career Spring Nationals Triumph

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (03/06/23) – Wil Herrington not only notched his first win of the season on Saturday evening, but he also registered his first-career Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals victory.

His $10,053 inaugural triumph was achieved at Senoia Raceway aboard his JCM Motorsports No. 19m Torco Advanced Lubricants / Yellow Hammer Design & Construction / XR1 Rocket Chassis / Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model,

“Oh man, I’m out of breath," Herrington said in Victory Lane. "I knew Ashton (Winger) was gonna be good; he was good in the heat. I knew (Payton) Freeman was gonna be good too, so I just tried to set a pace, but I guess (Winger) caught a hole wrong. After that I just tried to manage this thing. I didn’t want to see that green-white-checkered (finish) there at the end, but it all worked out and we got the win.

“We didn’t have as good a Speedweeks as we would’ve liked, but we learned a lot that’s helped us get ready for the rest of the season. I’m just honored to be the lucky guy that gets to drive this car for JCM Motorsports. Thanks to them and everybody who makes it all happen.”

JCM Motorsports returned to action on Friday evening with Wil Herrington competing in the Schaeffer’s Spring Nationals series opener at Swainsboro (Ga.) Raceway.

Amassing 32 Late Models for the first event of the 16-race miniseries, Herrington raced his way into the $10,053-to-win A-Main via a consolation victory after finishing fifth in his heat race. Rolling off 19th for the main event, Wil was an early exit from the 53-lap affair on the 14th circuit and was credited with a 17th-place finish.

On Saturday evening at Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Ga.), Wil stopped the clock third-fastest in his group before placing first in his heat race.

He started on the pole for the main event and led the first eight circuits before Ashton Winger took command. Regaining the lead from Winger on lap 15 of the feature, Herrington paced the field in the remainder of the 35-lapper to secure his first win of the 2023 campaign and a $10,053 prize. He took the checkers ahead of Ross Bailes, Parker Martin, Haiden Cowan, and Payton Freeman.

Full results from the events are available at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

The team is currently unsure of when their next event will be. Wil and his fiancée Harley are expecting the arrival of their first child in the next few weeks.

Once upcoming dates are confirmed, they will be posted on the team website at www.JCMMotorsports.com .

JCM Motorsports would like to thank their marketing partners, which include Torco Advanced Lubricants, Yellow Hammer Design & Construction, Topnotch Kustom Koncepts, Tiger Quick Change, Griffin Radiator, Wilwood Disc Brakes, K and K Site Prep LLC, The Mercantile by Miller, JMS Chip, 5M Construction, Outerwears Performance Products, Boswell Oil, Simpson Race Products, Integra Shocks & Springs, Last Air & Electrical, Molecule, Neon Bubbles Car Wash, FastShafts, Vibrant Motorsports, Allstar Performance, Meziere Enterprises, WELD Racing Wheels, Hinchman Indy, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, New Point Lighting & Design, Max Papis Innovations, Rocket Chassis, Durham Racing Engines, and MyRacePass Website & Marketing Services.

For the latest information regarding JCM Motorsports please visit the following outlets:
Twitter: @JCM_Motorsports
Instagram: @JCM.Motorsports
TikTok: @JCMmotorsports

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)