Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

dumb question, dumber premise. if you need to see violence snake, start running yourself into a concrete wall headfirst and record it for your own playback viewing pleasure. Can we please stick to racing talk & not this garbage!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    The Overton/Madden fight talk got me thinking, if you could see two people from the Late Model world go toe to toe on the front stretch for $200, who would you like to see square off and who would win?

I'll go with Mark Richards vs Tyler Erb, but Mark gets a tire iron and a 10 second head start if he wants to run. I think Erb would still win easily, but it would be fun to watch.

make it like hockey, let them grab a hand full of driving suit, with officials there first one to the ground and its over, on the front stretch no crew members

i know, i know, liability , but it would make the show from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Salina KS: Kelly dropped a guy on the front stretch after the race when they stopped the top 3 or 5 on the track for interviews and the guy came up to Kelly to complain about his driving. Kelly dropped him with one punch.

We affectionately called Kelly, Kelly Balboen (Bal-bo-en) after then.
    LOL! I think it was about 2002-ish when they opened up that new Outlaw speedway in Muskogee and I went over there to watch a race, and I had never heard of Kelly Boen or seen him race before, I mean that was back when you still had to go to races as a fan in order to see or know much. He got on the high side against the wall in hot laps and was ripping it, and I told my dad "I don't know who that is but he is going to win tonight. And sure enough. And when I actually saw him in person, that is one of the scariest looking men I have ever seen. I mean he just looks like he is ready to kick arse just standing there. Been a fan ever since lol

Is he still racing?

So circling back around..... let's do Kelly Boen vs Tony Cardin.
    Last edited by zach51; 03-08-2023 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    dumb question, dumber premise. if you need to see violence snake, start running yourself into a concrete wall headfirst and record it for your own playback viewing pleasure. Can we please stick to racing talk & not this garbage!
    Really? I'd recommend you go get your Barbie dolls out and play with them but I'm afraid they might be too masculine for you.

sometimes some act right is needed especially if its being done repeatedly
    t-mac said it best - "you couldn't do that years ago because you would loose some teeth"
    racing hard vs taking advantage of you, thats two different animals
    but in the words of a great friend and driver "if our chit was better it wouldn't have been a problem"
    Last edited by grt74; 03-08-2023 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    LOL! I think it was about 2002-ish when they opened up that new Outlaw speedway in Muskogee and I went over there to watch a race, and I had never heard of Kelly Boen or seen him race before, I mean that was back when you still had to go to races as a fan in order to see or know much. He got on the high side against the wall in hot laps and was ripping it, and I told my dad "I don't know who that is but he is going to win tonight. And sure enough. And when I actually saw him in person, that is one of the scariest looking men I have ever seen. I mean he just looks like he is ready to kick arse just standing there. Been a fan ever since lol

Is he still racing?

So circling back around..... let's do Kelly Boen vs Tony Cardin.
    Not sure who you saw but Kelly isn't intimidating looking at all, he's pretty skinny and not overly tall. I'm sure you could google him, we always joked he looks a lot like Kenny Chesney when he wears a cowboy hat and he does.

No, he's not racing anymore.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 03-08-2023 at 08:37 PM.

dumb and dumber^ are the key words that pretty much sums up this poster's premise.

Not sure who you saw but Kelly isn't intimidating looking at all, he's pretty skinny and not overly tall. I'm sure you could google him, we always joked he looks a lot like Kenny Chesney when he wears a cowboy hat and he does.

BB you are right, I mean he wasn't scary like "a beastly bulging man", just the look in his eyes. That dude was there to race and win and that was it. Very polite to me, of course I was about 15, but yeah.

Raceready vs Mark Richards

He's still in his momma's basement the spanking those horns got.

Jackie Boggs vs. Eddie Carrier Jr on the front stretch at PRP would’ve sold some tickets back in the day

Tyler Carpenter vs Hudson vs RTJ in a three way dance would do well also

Not a large man, but pretty rugged looking IMO....
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

A tag team of Don O'neal and Ira Bastin back in the day would have cleaned house at Brownstown and the area. Russ Petro and Big John Warner were pretty powerful guys back in their prime.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I'd put money on Robby Hensley to take down any of em

I’d like to see Chris the Ironman Combs beat the smoke out of Greg Johnson.

blackford would have whooped the living shT out a all of 'em!

before he becomes a legend, i have to say kelly boen's driving style makes bobby pierce look like an angel. on the other hand, i heard he was one of the friendliest guys in the pit. i believe he retired to be full time running a very profitable fabrication business.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    blackford would have whooped the living shT out a all of 'em!
    yes he would have , he was a baaad man , ...lol....but , how about hudson and bobby , there about the same size , but you cant bring your sister in on it ........

he dont need sis, fast f. a bottle of JD, a few burnt up ty erb t-shirts and mom could take on the world, by god!

Hahahaha.... I know he talks like a tough guy but has he ever actually backed it up?