Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Limit the max number of divisions at your local tracks?

Max number of divisions at your local tracks?

You have tracks down south and even some up north running 7, 8, 9+ divisions.

I have said it for a while no more than 4 classes otherwise you risk potentially taking cars away from other divisions. When you have so many divisions you’re risking diluting the car count in all divisions across all classes at your local track and spreading the payout out even more.
    Give the fans a quality program with a better chance at a full field each division.

Thoughts on this?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Couldn't said better myself. If you can afford new 602 you'll figure out how to get a 604, don't need both same night. Can't afford super, there's mods. Similar driving little cheaper.

Get rid of crate motor series. I can build steel block/ head cheaper than 602 with more power. They're lining pockets and killing classes

2-3 divisions max. Get your fans in and out in under 3 hours.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I am very fortunate that my local tracks, Williams Grove, Port Royal, Lincoln, Selinsgrove, Bridgeport etc usually have no more than three divisions, and on most weekends, a two division show, especially when a National Series comes to town. As much as I love dirt track racing, that is all I am in the mood for at my age. I always struggle to watch the races on FLO with 6 or 7 divisions....and I am in the comfort of my own living room. I'd have to get a new hobby if that started happening at my tracks. Start at 7pm and get me on my way by 10 or 1030pm and I got my monies worth.

BTE, couldn't agree more. Pa tracks mostly all get it, tracks down south are the absolute worst, 4 cylinders are the new entry level for racers. They offer a good purse and its nothing for them to get 70+ cars. Then on top of that they put them on the clock. I refuse to go to those back gate shows.

3 classes is perfect. This 4,5,6, or even 7 classes is driving people away from attending. I flat won’t go to the races if it’s more than 4 classes. 4 is even pushing it. That’s just my 2 cents.

Hoosier:

What about your beloved Kankakee County Speedway. A full program lists 8 divisions. Some nights one division is listed as off. Are you gonna give them a pass?

dirt clod why are attacking him? did he wound you in a previous life lol? he asked a simple question, why not answer him?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

FT:

Asking a question is an attack? He asked a question and replied. Simple as that. Question: Is 8 divisions too many? You must be soft if you call that an attack. Check the Kankakee Speedway website and see for yourself their Full Program. Peace.

I've never understood why a track would have multiple classes of FWD cars, or various late models. It just waters it all down. Imagine a track with one class. The car counts would be pretty big and everyone would get home at a reasonable hour.

3 divisions period.
    Track can pick the best three that suit them. Separating 602's 604's... nonsense, give a weight break to the slower ones and run them together. Way too many shows with multiple divisions and 10 cars in each one, figure out how to run some of them together. Ther used to be 2 classes, the beginners and the pro's.

supers every other week 2500 to win (local to keep it alive)
    604 every other week ( to fill in , every other week 800-1000 to win )
    open wheels
    street stock (one class of them not 5 )
    4 bangers
    mod lites (its become a good class, they put on a pretty good show)

but i do understand why they do it, it brings in alot more because of what they bring in the back gate, pit money is alot more then the stands
    Last edited by grt74; 03-08-2023 at 07:57 PM.

For weekly racing, sky's the limit. W
    If you're advertising as a special event headliner that 99% of the gate is there to see? Lucas/WoO/Flo etc, that's a different story.
    8/13/16

as somebody right in the middle of the south, 4 is all it should be. a 4 cylinder, stock car, modified and some sort of 604/limited late model thats it. get in where you fit in

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Hoosier:

What about your beloved Kankakee County Speedway. A full program lists 8 divisions. Some nights one division is listed as off. Are you gonna give them a pass?
    Just because it’s my local track don’t mean I like that many divisions. You can blame the last Kankakee promoter for the track having that many divisions. He’s the one that added them.
    When I was a kid Kankakee had 4 divisions back in the late 1980’s.
    Super Late Models
    Limited Late Models
    Street Stocks
    Nimrods (4 cyl. Mini Stocks)

Right now Kankakee has 6 weekly divisions.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

You are exactly right I've been preaching for 2 years they don't realize they can run less classes and make the same amount of money we got tracks close to were I live running 8,9 an even 10 classes one night they ran 11but when it's all over they will wonder what happen but it will be too late I have seen it break a lot of race tracks.I wonder if they would like to see the list.

If it’s really all about the back gate anyway run 4 classes Friday and then the other 4 and specials Saturday……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    as somebody right in the middle of the south, 4 is all it should be. a 4 cylinder, stock car, modified and some sort of 604/limited late model thats it. get in where you fit in
    I agree 100% , but when 4 of the classes run a sanctioned crate series engine , it is not gone change around here for a while I,m afraid .....

We late model fans are hosed at the tracks with 5 and 6 classes. Stay late if you want to see the feature (unfortunately). I hate it. Makes streaming more viable for me due to family obligations presently. Folks I know that run the other classes say late models tear up the track and they prefer to run prior to late model feature.

I'm actually okay with 5 - 6 on a weekly regular show as long as each class is distinct and truly different. For when special touring series come through though, no more then 3 and only 2 support classes in a perfect world. It is SO bad here in the south. I'll use Senoia as an example of what they run as their weekly divisions.

Limited Late Model
    604 Crate Late Model
    602 Crate Late Model (Late Model sportsman)
    Chargers (602 Late Model beginner class)
    Hobby
    Open Wheel modifieds
    Bombers
    Mini Stock (4 cyl)
    Hot Shot (FWD Class)

That is 4 Late model classes. 5 if you count hobby as they resemble late models in appearance. A new fan wouldn't know the difference. It's awful man.