Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So true Weatherman 👍 half the classes around here look like crate sportsman

I’m not so critical of the number of divisions but get worked up over tracks letting the show drag on when they could be using more urgency.
    I hate time trials.

why not just run the late models feature first , then the ones that only care about them can leave....problem solved.....

I,m sitting here watching the comp cams race , they have 3 classes , been watching for 4 hrs and still no main yet , IDK if number of classes really matters .....

ff, I know what you mean. If it wasn't 31 degrees out in the shop I would have been out there 3 hours ago. Especially if I knew what a mess the main was going to be. You didn't want to be up front in it. Got a ton to do on the car yet before next week's opener at Stockton. Blizzards here this week and now monsoon rains due all next week. If we don't get it ready it will be clear next Saturday and if we do it will probably get mudded out. Tonight was another piece of my life I'll never get back.

Dang nabbit man, we had more hot dogs and coffee to sell. I don't care if the coffee was in the pot since last year.

"Weekly Racing" shows at Bulls Gap is 7 classes again this year. Didn't they run a one day 11 class season finale a few years back? I really like the place but 7 classes is a few too many for me anymore.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    ff, I know what you mean. If it wasn't 31 degrees out in the shop I would have been out there 3 hours ago. Especially if I knew what a mess the main was going to be. You didn't want to be up front in it. Got a ton to do on the car yet before next week's opener at Stockton. Blizzards here this week and now monsoon rains due all next week. If we don't get it ready it will be clear next Saturday and if we do it will probably get mudded out. Tonight was another piece of my life I'll never get back.
    Good luck out there over4t…..love that area and have been following the weather getting dumped on y’all, stay safe.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I,m sitting here watching the comp cams race , they have 3 classes , been watching for 4 hrs and still no main yet , IDK if number of classes really matters .....
    good point^

farmer city has a nack for extending a show way late with only a few classes. so, it would suggest, at some tracks, it really doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Dang nabbit man, we had more hot dogs and coffee to sell. I don't care if the coffee was in the pot since last year.
    for the most part you always sound like eeyore in winnie-the-pooh, but you naild it on this one lol.

So last night with Davenport in the field, and only THREE divisions I was really looking forward to watching the Comp Cams race at Boothill on FLOl...I really tried, but after almost four hours, and no feature, I threw in the towel and went to bed. I struggle to watch alot of those type of races from the south on Flo. Many times I will peak in around 10pm hoping to see the feature, but very rarely is that the case. Kind of frustrating.

A few tracks, but only a few, have the decency to post a schedule listing the order of the classes running that show. Helps immensely if you aren't inclined to spent 5 -8 hours on FLO watching half a dozen classes you have zero interest in. Gives you the option of flipping around to see the one you give a hoot about. 'Course that can bite you too when your timing is off. Holding an online audience hostage won't help the track sell one more hot dog or beer but is more likely to convince the viewers what a crap show you run.

What FLO has done is to give us dirt track fans access to many different tracks around the country. Some tracks are well run, others not so much. I will give you an example of a well run track that runs muliple divisions. Marshalltown Speedway in Iowa. I barely knew what an IMCA Modified or Stock car was before FLO, and now I am a huge fan of that type of racing and the track. If I am not at my local track on a Friday nigh in person, I know that by 10 or 1030pm, I can peak in and watch the features after watching other sprint car and DLM races on FLO and Dirtvision. Marshalltown has a set schedule and unless there are extinuating circumstances, they run five divisions every week like clockwork. Made me a fan of racing that I knew nothing about until a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    good luck buddy , first half of this year is finally finishing our house , then were back!!!! I hope ......

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    good point^

farmer city has a nack for extending a show way late with only a few classes. so, it would suggest, at some tracks, it really doesn't.
    your never gone satisfy every one , but like I suggested , run the late models feature first feature , that way every one makes sacrifices , even the track because I realize concessions make up a lot of there revenue and some of that would leave after the lates run

Lavonia ran 9 classes last night...70 cars. 17 were FWD which was the largest count by class. I wasn't there but I can only imagine what the track surface must have been like based on my last trip down for a show that included every class they run. Probably teams still loading up at first light 😁
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

No problem,,,,
    As long as you don't mind paying $75 apiece to get into the stands. I really don't think these key board jockey's comprehend how much FLO and all these other's are hurting your local Saturday night track's.

dont know who you are referring to as these key board jockey's , but I think flo and others has a minute affect on turn out on Saturday night racing , nothing takes the place of live racing , I cant travel all over the country to watch the BIG shows so I enjoy the streaming because otherwise , all I could do is read about them on here , where no one does updates any more anyways , if you turned off all the streaming , I would gamble it would have hardly any effect on attendance ....JMO....

When Ronny Gould was promoting Southern OK Speedway- 6 classes, start when the sun goes down (8-8:30ish, sometimes later in aug/sept), done usually a little after 10, sometimes 11. 100-130 cars, two to three B mains. Every other weekend a local traveling series like like 305 Sprints, local Lanny rules late models, minis, etc. It can be done. But......why bother these days? Streaming is going to kill your weekly track, the revenue doesn't go to the facility. Your grandkids are making millions of dollars a year not by participating in anything, but just by watching videos of video game play, and making snarky comments. Think about that. Welcome to the virtual world.

streaming has a minimal effect on front gate $$$$. most racetracks hold races nowadays, there are alot less "promoters" in the game anymore. its easier to hold races with 5+ classes & make it up on the back gate $$$$.

The future of racing better include streaming for your track or you'll go the way of the dinosaurs.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....