Default No Livestreaming @Winchester(VA) Speedway

What's everyone's thought on this? I remember another track a year or two ago making the same type of announcement with signs posted around the track.

https://winchestervaspeedway.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

they are just making excuses for their lack of success promotiing. this will bear out by end of 2023 season imo. But good luck to them!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

They have every right to post and enforce this. Irregardless of product they produce it is still their business and money and have every right to protect their investment/business. It's not like they saying never just not day of race. No different than an establishment being able to refuse service for any reason

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    They have every right to post and enforce this. Irregardless of product they produce it is still their business and money and have every right to protect their investment/business. It's not like they saying never just not day of race. No different than an establishment being able to refuse service for any reason
    I agree with this assessment.

Atomic Speedway in Ohio has the same signs posted. That is far from Winchester's biggest problem with Port Royal not too far away. Hagerstown and Winchester had a years long pi$$ing contest about running on Saturdays and P.R. stole all their late models.

I totally understand and agree with the policy.

I doubt they actually enforce it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I agree with the policy as well. I believe it will be impossible to police.
    8/13/16

GOOD for them. Long overdue!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I agree with the policy as well. I believe it will be impossible to police.
    I go to my local friday night track and they started this same policy. They have people hired in the tower that goes on social media every night. Once they find someone they had a group of people that goes to the location where this person is live and they bust them. I've seen this happen numerous times last yr. So its possible if its done right.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Atomic Speedway in Ohio has the same signs posted. That is far from Winchester's biggest problem with Port Royal not too far away. Hagerstown and Winchester had a years long pi$$ing contest about running on Saturdays and P.R. stole all their late models.
    Supers don't even race at Winchester anymore except for 2-3 specials a year just like Hagerstown...which will probably pay less than Port Royal does for a weekly show. This move is designed to keep what few fans they have left coming - the friends and family of the drivers. Winchester has never been great, barely good if it rains the week leading up to it. Hagerstown was great until a few years ago and had been on the decline since. Guess I'll have to drive the 2 hours past Htown to get my supers fix at Port.

Now Lernerville. The comments... 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/dirtrackr/status...zKcKbh6Cw&s=19

Lernerville addressed that post saying it did not come from them. Much ado about nothing. Their policy mostly deals with photogs with credentials having to send their pics back to Lernerville in case the track wants to use them for promotional purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Lernerville addressed that post saying it did not come from them. Much ado about nothing. Their policy mostly deals with photogs with credentials having to send their pics back to Lernerville in case the track wants to use them for promotional purposes.
    Except signage at their track does in fact state what was posted. So yeah, I don't think it was some rogue account. I guess we'll find out once the season gets underway.

Lots of tracks have signage about not live streaming, this isn't something new. Some of you'll are about 2 years behind the times.

The Lernerville thing is being overblown. It really is aimed at professional photographers and other media and that they must share anything photographed and/or recorded at the track with the track if they want to keep their credentials.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!