Default When is racing for $5k not worth it?

Tuesday Summernationals race was tough on motors, big track and hot day. At what point does the person paying the bills make the decision that its not worth the $500 start money to race their $100k car in those conditions. Looked like at least 2 motors lost and several overheating after the feature.

Over 5 years ago.

5k is the new 2k to win.

Everyone is losing money. It's up to the team to decide the risk reward each week.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

several years ago the owner of a race team said if you dont win there is no money to be made...said they spend $4000 to go win $1000...its easy to say you gotta win....but there can only be one winner

Dolly Parton purses help no one but the winner.

I bet ole Sam the Scam driggers is makin money, ive said for years ump is the shadiest series out there. Members goal was every race 10 grand and that was 20yrs ago. Go figure.

Ask EPJ after last night.

I’ve been doing some quick math in my head here….I’ll venture to say a real deal late model team…as in cars who are competitive….if you added it all up…travel , food, pit passes..tires..fuel..wear and tear…maintenance…I’m sure I’m missing something…if you DONT break anything….depending how far you traveled…let’s say 200 miles round trip… my estimate is 2000.00 to go race, and that’s not living large in any way…that’s getting your car there and race it. That’s devaluation of hauler…car…it’s engine and parts. Don’t laugh…it’s a cost. I may be light on 2000.00. If you have paid crew of any kind…that’s additional costs.

I had a car owner tell me that making the decision to go to the races, averaged through the race season, just making the decision to go hit the road cost $3000....obviously NOT counting in car damages, etc. .... oh yeh, that was about 1993.....and that was definitely a top tier team!
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

I was told it's 5k to unload a car with a 3 person crew and driver now

The guy I used to help said he would make about $200 if he won at moler on Friday night. They paid $1200 to win at that time, this was in 2017. He would buy pit passes for us 3, but we were just volunteer help. It was a 30min drive straight up 32 from the shop. The cost has went up a bunch since then.

Richards said it costs Rocket1 5k a race!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Richards said it costs Rocket1 5k a race!
    I believe it. The difference is…he’s there to sell cars and it’s the cost of doing business in the major leagues….I was mainly talking like MARS level…Summer Nats level cars, or the big shots at the local level…(if there is any much left of that). WOO and LUCAS….I. Sure it’s ever bit of 5 grand. It’s not a good business model unless you’re actually selling the thing your racing…like Richards. Just buy a bunch of stuff and go LM racing…um…you’re going to lose a lot of money unless you’re just the cream of the crop…like maybe 8 or 10 cars in the 2 top touring sanctions

5k at your local Friday or Saturday track is well worth it. Any type of series, not a chance.

If you took the top 10 cars, it would be interesting to see how much sponsorship they garner!