Default Spoon River UMP SN event has been cancelled

via report on Dirt-on-Dirt

Due to track equipment not working.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

To save some questions/comments/concerns -

Thursday's Summer Nationals event at Spoon River was canceled on Wednesday after a decision between track promoter Brad Denney and DIRTcar Officials. I spoke with (Brad) last night after the feature at Davenport and he shared that they ran into trouble with all three of their water trucks. Their main semi went down on Tuesday and then while working late Wednesday, they lost the second and third trucks to a failing fuel pump and finally a floatation tire on the third truck.

It was a decision that neither party involved wanted to come to, however, SRS wanted to provide the best surface possible for the drivers and fans. With the lack of materials to fix the water trucks in time, the decision to cancel was chosen. Unfortunately, Thursday's event will not be rescheduled.

any tracks with water trucks close to spoon?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

If the track has walls, an irrigation system would not be hard at all to install. If it gets hit by a car or debris, it can easily and cheaply be fixed with a trip to Home Depot!

Hmmmmmm 🤔🤔 sounds fishy

Unless this track is REALLY far away from other tracks, I find it hard to believe another track wouldn’t come to the rescue , or even an excavating company possibly. ( They sometimes have one for dust control.). I agree it sounds a little sketch, but maybe that’s exactly the way it happened. I don’t know how any dirt track makes money….even with the food and drink etc. it’s not an easy business to make work at the run of the mill mom n pop tracks anymore. Young people …all they want is a smart phone, not actual outdoor activities.

ride height
    "Unless this track is REALLY far away from other tracks, I find it hard to believe another track wouldn’t come to the rescue..."

"I don’t know how any dirt track makes money….even with the food and drink etc. it’s not an easy business to make work..."

Agree. i knew when i asked there were several tracks in the vicinity. and this was a weeknight event. i also know tracks cooperating in the same area has become far less common.

Second point: i'm not sure how many tracks are making money. high turnover between owners/promoters that are involved primarily because they love the sport.

and so do i. so many thanks to them.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Most all the tracks water trucks are not street legal or licensed. They never leave the property.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Hmmmmmm 樂樂 sounds fishy
    One of their biggest shows of the year. Has been for years. Guaranteed they wanted to have it.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    One of their biggest shows of the year. Has been for years. Guaranteed they wanted to have it.
    Oh come on He wanted so bad to have a story here lol I will second your Guarantee.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Hmmmmmm 樂樂 sounds fishy
    With the FACT that there are rental units to be had, why didn't they go with that option ? You can rent about anything now a days.

I can see the second trucks fuel pump taking a while to fix and maybe to locate one,but the tire. could they not get one or even take one off the other trucks if they use the same type?Maybe they dont have a mechanic or some one to change tires.All I no is I was really looking forward to watching the race.