Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Per James Essex the return of the Norther All-Stars Late Model Series (NALMS) April 8

The return of the Norther All-Stars Late Model Series (NALMS)

Per James Essex Facebook page

Coming April 8th….. The return.
    More details to be released soon.

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 03-23-2023 at 02:27 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

NALMS is back? cool!

Because we need another regional series....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I get what you are saying but name another regional series that was ran better than the Northern All-Stars?
    James created it the first time. I’d like to see what he can do the second time in this reincarnation of the NALMS and what it looks like. If it’s anything like the original it will be good.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

thay gonna make it work this time round?

James, I hope the new incarnation NALMS includes Gas City and Montpelier.

I am confused. Help me understand how something run so good went out of business?

I am confused. Help me understand how something run so good went out of business?
    It just seemed to fade away over time. It was a good series for weekend warrior type guys, in my area, back in the day. I'm curious to see what can be done. I'm not overly optimistic, but I'll be hopeful.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

The guy who helped run the series I believe his name was Nelson passed away. He also helped promote Vermillion County for a few years. Around 2010 with 3 series in the region NALMS, ALMS, & the Monster Midwest Series all kind of faded away. The ALMS was the last one standing and they faded away a few years back.
    Nathan Stephens

I am honored to announce that the Inaugural Ira Bastin Memorial will be held at the Brownstown Speedway in Brownstown, Indiana on Saturday, April 8.

Many thanks to the Bastin Family, Jim Price at Brownstown Speedway and everyone who has helped make this possible.

In the long and storied 71-year history of the Brownstown Speedway Ira was one of the most iconic racers to ever turn laps there. He was a 3-time Late Model Track Champion (1972, 1977, and 1978). He won 40 Late Model features at Brownstown during his career which ranks him sixth all-time at Brownstown. He passed away in January of this year.

The event will also mark the return of the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series. It will be the series' first race in 11 years. The first time the series ever raced at Brownstown was on March 21, 1998. It was won by Tony Izzo Jr.
    So far the Late Model feature purse is nearing $40,000 which includes bonus money offered by several sponsors. We are still seeking additional sponsorship for this race to make it a great night. All sponsorship monies go into the purse for the drivers.

Make plans now to attend this event. Let's pack the grandstands and pits in honor of one of the legendary Brownstown racers, Ira Bastin.

Thanks to these folks for coming on board for the race.
    Michael LeFevers - Slicker Graphics
    Tommy East - Pop Bit
    Brad Arthur - Brad Arthur Heating and Cooling
    Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
    Jason Grimes Construction
    Chris and Amanda Wiese - Freedom Fireworks

^ Thanks, James!

really?

it takes passion to try something that isn't going to make you a millionaire.

best wishes to anyone willing to put the time, effort, and money into a sport i love.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

The thing is these regional series used to get great car counts of like 40 to 50 a night using the local 25 or 30 guys that ran at the track weekly and then the 15 to 20 that ran the series. Once the local guys left it was over. I miss the ALMS alot the glory days they would always get 55 to 90 cars at Eldora and then it got down to 25 or so except for Labor Day and it was 40.

Just show up and support them before James sold the series they always put on a great show. But everybody needs to remember you do not have near the late models out there running as you did years ago.

Heck 30 super lates would be nice to see

Glad to see it and hope it is a successful venture for everyone involved. I like fantasy booking schedules and I’m interested in seeing the schedule for this series. Obviously Brownstown will have some races, and my guess would be most of the schedule will be there along with a couple other tracks in that area mixed in like Florence, Moler, Atomic, etc. Selfishly, I’d like to see races for this series at Brownstown, Paragon, Florence, Circle City, Moler, Atomic, Montpelier, and Lawrenceburg (Downey Memorial). If things go really well, maybe branch out and add races along the Ohio Valley next year at tracks such as Bloomington, Ponderosa, Gas City, Red Hill, Fayette County (IL), Charleston, and Tri-State. There could be several good options for weekend pairings of races.

Always hear “they should pay more throughout the field instead of just the winner” well here you go.
    $5000 to win, $1000 to start. Now we’ll see if the keyboard promoters know what they’re talking about.

Thumbs up

Personally I think if this reboot of the NALMS takes off and can get to a decent 15 race schedule for this year & maybe 18-20 races next year this could be a good things since the ALMS has basically faded away. The NALMS could cover the region if done properly. I think with James heading it there’s a chance for success. He has good connections being the Lucas Oil announcer.
    Nathan Stephens

Default HRF, just a thought.

Waynesfield is another place I’d like to see NALMS race at.

Default noballsnobabies

Well buddy, judging by the comments of cars coming, looks like these keyboard promoters know more than you think. Yeah you gained a couple from rainouts, but those guys would have more than likely went on home if not for the chance to make some $$. May be some food for thought on shows moving forward.......