Thread: Black ice brawl

Default Black ice brawl

Racing wasn't bad tonight in WoO sprint feature but........what makes a track think that catchy name gonna draw fans????

Florence ran the black ice bs long time and I've only attended spring 50 because car courts good and new moisture would be in track. I don't understand track prep selling points claiming knowingly slowing cars down and asphalt style Racing.

After all that said, drivers said top dominate but had a curb and bottom appeared to have moisture allowing guys to go forward so not horrible but name doesn't attract fans

Black Ice Brawl? Really? I would stay home....
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

^not like you to hide from a brawl?

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    ^not like you to hide from a brawl?
    It's not a brawl, it's a skating rink!!!

Anyone can stomp and steer on a wet heavy track, the slick slows them down and allows more side by side racing. Isn't hard to figure out.

So your from south and don't know much about what a sprint car is but in town for nascar race and you see black ice brawl and you think wow I gotta see this cause always heard them sprint things fast???

Come on now Hoosier, take blinders off that have been pushed for years. You know your statement isn't true. Hammering Henry still can tear wall down or loop it 3x . Good drivers can run either and usually anything in middle which will result in good race. Typically in middle where you find best racing.

whos hammerd henry??

i not gonna get in middle this but im sure whatever the hell it is you're going on a bout here is impotent to you

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Anyone can stomp and steer on a wet heavy track, the slick slows them down and allows more side by side racing. Isn't hard to figure out.
    On almost any track that is very slick it is nearly always one laned. They all stay at the top on a high bank and on the bottom on flatter track. When you take traction away you take many times the racing away also. So many examples.

Even on tacky tracks you have to be careful with the trottle and things happen so much faster, it takes skills!!!

Dryslick, get a top chassis, the right shocks and adjustments and the right tires along with getting the chassis set for the most power to the ground, and you are a winner, that is if you can ever get enough traction to pass on the one laned tracks. Sometimes I've seen them not even pass the tail of a fifty lapper or 100 lapper. I can give examples.

WTF are you talking about? The racing was great. The place was sold out and the drivers liked the track.

Really? Watch the one lane at the top video of the last five laps. And I didn't really see much of a black ice surface actually.

https://youtu.be/JbXcd_mISuQ

Winged Sprints by the way.

Go to the pits, ask 20 drivers what surface they want, 19 of them will tell you black, slick smooth. Guarantee it!!

Yep the kart cry kids do. Sheldon ain't gonna tell ya slick lol. I'd rather watch and race a multi groove surface with both conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Go to the pits, ask 20 drivers what surface they want, 19 of them will tell you black, slick smooth. Guarantee it!!
    Will they admit the reasons truthfully? I doubt it. It's a financial issue for many owners.