Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I love shepp but I wonder how long until he makes a phone call to Shinnston, WV?
    Exactly what I have been thinking, the family Rocket was always fast. Did he leave on bad terms? I mean he immediately switched to Longhorn.

Pierce, Joiner, and even Drake Troutman, in my neck of the woods, have made a smooth transition to Longhorm,.........BShepp. not so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I love shepp but I wonder how long until he makes a phone call to Shinnston, WV?

I was surprised when he went to Longhorns so, I guess depending on how they left things at Rocket would he make that call.

May be he needs to consult w Rumley first if he hasn't already

It just shows how valuable someone like Danny White, Joel, and Austin are to a race team. If Brandon is doing it on his own, I would expect a slow start.
    8/13/16

B Shepp was a hired gun at his last place of employment. He has pretty much taken the reins on the running of this operation. Yes he has family support, but making the chassis switch and everything else it takes I just feel it takes a lot of time to get everything running they way you need it to be to be successful. Shepp had the best crew to be had, maybe it wasn't the xr-1, maybe it was shepp's bottom that needed to move on. He failed miserably on restarts last year. I think that was a sign of him not being focused 100%. By the way, no one has mentioned the new look, that big valvoline sponsorship on the front of the b5.

New Chassis, New Team, New Tires, Different shock package than most Longhorns and its very early in the season. Amazes me how many people these days expect instant results. Give the man a minute to settle, Jeez.

I *think* this was Shep's first race with the Bilstein shocks. IMO, he looked pretty good running the high side in his B-Main, but things didn't fall his way with cautions and some trouble with the cars in front of him.

Shep's struggles remind me a lot of when JD went to Barry Wright in 2017. Either his crew has having trouble getting the new car and now the new shock package set up to his liking, or the Longhorn just doesn't fit his style. I think it's the former rather than the latter. I'm sure he'll get back to his winning ways before the end of the season.

Been to Lucas a few times….the facility is beyond nice. The track and racing? Frankly…it isn’t that exciting. I mean it could rain all day and they can still race because of the engineering of the drain system, and the pits are all concrete….but as far as seeing a barn burner race? Not likely.

BShepp Blah Blah Blah, Rocket1 has a better wheelman in Huddy

The banking of the Lucas Oil Speedway reminds me of the banking at PRP, it seems to shelf off pretty bad near the top. The surface is good most of the time, the track itself just seems wonky.

Love the look of the new car…..expect it to be parked in victory lane soon.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I *think* this was Shep's first race with the Bilstein shocks. IMO, he looked pretty good running the high side in his B-Main, but things didn't fall his way with cautions and some trouble with the cars in front of him.

Shep's struggles remind me a lot of when JD went to Barry Wright in 2017. Either his crew has having trouble getting the new car and now the new shock package set up to his liking, or the Longhorn just doesn't fit his style. I think it's the former rather than the latter. I'm sure he'll get back to his winning ways before the end of the season.
    Snake, you mean when he left Barry Wright and got on with Guard Rail Smith and won the World 100? lol

In all fairness, Sheppard was headed for a heat race transfer when he was turned into the infield. But yes, he does seem to be down on speed.

he looks just as fast as he did last year when he didn't start in the front.