Default Boyd’s Speedway

Boyd’s Speedway has been sold to Brown Brothers Construction Company. Effective immediately all racing suspended.

Only been to Boyd's once and that was for a WoO show a few years back when Dale McDowell was still running it. Hope another track is not biting the dust. Always a sad day when that happens.

I was not the biggest fan of Boyd speedway but still hate to see another race track bite the dust for more strip malls or half-assed houses

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Boyd’s Speedway has been sold to Brown Brothers Construction Company. Effective immediately all racing suspended.
    That's too bad, I had the HTF June race at Boyd's on my bucket list for a first time visit there.

Dang it hate to hear this news but maybe Sugar Creek or Mountain View will step in and take the July SoNats race.

I hate to say it, but this was bound to happen. I’ve lived in the area my whole life and consider Boyd’s my home track. Know the area and the people well…Emerson Russell is a business man and a dollar chaser…nothing more, nothing less. You could see the writing on the wall when we purchased it from Duplissy a few years back…operate a few years, make a few dollars, sell it for a considerable amount more than he paid for it an an area that is currently a hotbed for commercial development. Unfortunately this was always going to happen the minute he signed the papers, but doesn’t make it any less disappointing now that we’re actually at that inevitable moment.

^^ should say HE purchased** not we purchased

Isn't Brown Bros. the outfit across the road from Boyd's?
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

It's sad honestly. Riley had really brought the potential out of that place just to have the rug yanked out from under him. It's business but it sucks.

True statement zyoung. Boyd’s was showing the best racing consistently that it had shown in the past 10 years. The dollar wins again.

Never been but sad to see it go, it had really been building momentum the last several years. Who was the guy they caught on video a few years back slapping around the help up in the tower?

That was Dave Duplissy, former track owner.

I’m not sure what it’s destined to become, but Boyd’s has been on borrowed time for a while. Between residents screaming for its closure and the explosion of building off that exit, I expected this day was coming soon.

It’s sad, but not unexpected.

I posted this would happen a few years back...

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    I posted this would happen a few years back...
    Yeah, I think if you live around here and have been paying attention it’s been obvious for quite a while.

They got to where the car count was decent on regular shows but the fans weren't there. But bring in a big traveling show and you couldn't find a seat.