Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Davenport #7 truck

Looks like JD will be piloting the spire #7 TRUCK at Bristol also. Good luck to them.

This is probably a good idea. That way he can feel the track out. The Kulig Cars aren’t bad NASCAR Cup Series cars so I think he could do well.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I thought this was good idea also

I don’t think those nascar guys will take him real seriously, that could be a mistake at the end of the day.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't expect him to do much. The Cup drivers have a year seat time in the new car, and its not like they are pitching a Cup car like a late model. If he finishes in the Top 20 I'd say it's a success.

JD's been spending time in the GM simulator... JD raced asphalt before he raced DLM... He's also reached a good point in his driving maturity, so... Not predicting a victory, but it could be interesting IF Napcar doesnt hamstring his car for him.

With the amount of respect being shown at these cup races, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get dumped on the opening lap.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't expect him to do much. The Cup drivers have a year seat time in the new car, and its not like they are pitching a Cup car like a late model. If he finishes in the Top 20 I'd say it's a success.
    I tend to agree. Nothing really translates from his experience.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I say JD finishes in top 15.

He had a few years in the legend cars all over the country...

Good luck to JD, the NASCAR guys (at least the real drivers) definitely know who he is.

He seems like he’s in his happy place right now. Him doing well would not surprise me one bit….especially in the truck.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Not sure why someone doesn't look more towards a street stock driver. They are used to wheeling a 3000 LB vehicle on crap tires. Seems way more like apples to apples to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    Not sure why someone doesn't look more towards a street stock driver. They are used to wheeling a 3000 LB vehicle on crap tires. Seems way more like apples to apples to me.
    Which street stock driver, is going to pull a needed sponsor like Nutrien Ag, to help foot that bill??

Bobby Pierce did well in the trucks on dirt. JD is very capable but as was mentioned he may get dumped. Predicting how any of the truck guys do on dirt is more of!!! Who survives

A Street Stock driver from Wythe Raceway qualified up front at Eldora a few years ago in the trucks....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I tend to agree. Nothing really translates from his experience.
    well I I have to disagree , a good driver is a good driver , I will use K bush and K larson as an example , they do good in what ever they sit in , of coarse they are in the best equipment available ,much like davenport .....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    well I I have to disagree , a good driver is a good driver , I will use K bush and K larson as an example , they do good in what ever they sit in , of coarse they are in the best equipment available ,much like davenport .....
    Most cup drivers are good drivers and actually have experience with the car in question. Very few good late model drivers do anything in a midget. Davenport included.

If you have a bunch of good drivers with equal experience, I agree. But the experience gap is worth a lot.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-05-2023 at 07:19 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    jd does good on them there funny tars a his. thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Most cup drivers are good drivers and actually have experience with the car in question. Very few good late model drivers do anything in a midget. Davenport included.

If you have a bunch of good drivers with equal experience, I agree. But the experience gap is worth a lot.
    I dont think K bush had any experience in a dirt late model when he won that race at Bristol , carl edwards won it the year before ,,,I would say the equipment you are sitting in means more today than in the past ...jmo..