Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I've been on hiatus with ss12.
    you two have a good time?

Great race. I don't know who came up with the plan of running the show ? But it was a good one. No down time, week night show, get in line boys and get er done. 1 more lap and raceready's celebration would not have happened. I was glad to see the nascar guys in the show. Everything that happened last night was good for dirt slm racing.

We can complain about the provisionals, format, parking lot, crowd, etc. but we all have to admit it was one hell of a race!!!!!

I wish Shane McDowell would take the Team Zero chassis business over and do something with it that Scott can't. Dale and Shane are good no doubt, but they show there is alot of potential to the chassis to still be a factor in the late model landscape.

Dirtracing62

I definitely was not complaining about the parking or crowd. With one entrance into the track you know before you go: if you are one of the first to get there and park close to the stands- you will be one of the last to leave out. That’s just common sense. It was great to see the crowd-only hope the track gets a decent cut of the $$. Not sure how this arrangement is played out percentage wise. Maybe FloLarson leases it or it’s some other type deal.
    My question was and is: who made the decision to give Busch and Briscoe the provisionals and did they know ahead of time they would have a guaranteed spot in the field?

Tireguy17
    Agree with you on Shane and the Bloomquist chassis.
    Is the chassis still available from Scott and Brucebuilt( the contracted fabricator)?? Or is this chassis now history?? I know Scott does not have any employees and he had made an arrangement with Bruce to fabricate- but is this still the case? Simple put-if someone wanted a brand new Bloomquist Chasis- would it still be available? All of Dhanes cars are older models but those chasis were very rigid and built to last. Also Shane leases one of the 2 buildings at Scott’s place in Mooresburg.

I knew those guys would get provisionals. It's common sense. I don't know if it was officially announced or not.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Pretty early in the season to say race of the year but that one's going to be hard to top. Great battle for the win all the way through, non stop race, whole show run in less than 1 1/2 hours, good track, no filler classes and (sarcasm alert) couple of Cup guys for the NASCAR fans to pull for. 'Bout the only glitch was the positions scroll during the heats being screwed up.

With the time difference out here it was perfect for pulling a slice of the leftover lasagna out of the oven and downing it, watching the race and getting back out to the shop for our usual last minute midnight thrash to get ready for our try-again season opener at Hanford this weekend. Looks pretty good for the weather except it might be doubtful for the northern Nevada guys that are looking at a fresh 6-12" of snow in the Sierra tonight.

These Nascar guys getting provisionals is nothing new. Been that way for years. Fans have voiced their opinions on this matter for about the same amount of time. Anyone thinking Rowdy would not be in the show are living under a rock.
    8/13/16

All I know is it was a great show, and I absolutely agree on letting the Nascar guys tag the field. They did not hurt anything and frankly it really should not be a discussion IMO

What a race!!!! The best battling the best

WOW! A southern mid-week special over by 9:40pm! That should be the model for all tracks. Limit the support classes on your mid-week shows! I've been to Bulls Gap twice on NASCAR weekends and both times I left early after 12:30am with multiple features to go. Great job by the track, FLO and Larson for pushing this program along. Massive crowd. I'm fine with the promoter's option. I liked the post-race interview where Kyle said "I hope other Cup drivers will take notice and drive a dirt late model".