Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talladega WoO

Strange how Pierce and Larson both split apart left side rear wheels. Remnants of both were quite similar. Wonder if manufacturer has a flaw?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    So far it looks like the new chassis is working out good for the team.
    Got to give credit to pops. He always gives Bobby a good piece. He's figured the horn out pretty quickly. I always say, Bobby better hope dad doesn't get burned out and decides to retire. Be a whole different ballgame.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Strange how Pierce and Larson both split apart left side rear wheels. Remnants of both were quite similar. Wonder if manufacturer has a flaw?
    Stranger still that it wasn't the RR from banging off a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    No, Pierce didn't have them covered, if he did, he'd be 50k richer. Overdriving the limits of your equipment isn't going to get it done. His driving style is exciting no doubt but you'd better have a brand new car with brand new parts on it every time he hits the track to keep up with his abuse.
    He certainly didn't appear to be abusing his ride.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    No he wasn’t abusing the equipment…at least not from where we were sitting. Have no clue what happened to make it fail. He was absolutely flying around the top. Clearly the fastest car on the track until it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When you constantly overdrive your equipment, failures are going to happen. Hence my comment about the car better be 100% new every time because you don't know what's been stressed in a prior race that's going to fail in the current race.
    And you can't expect me to believe that with 20 laps to go, all of a sudden Pierce is turning lap times around the top of the track a third of a second faster than everyone else he wasn't stressing things out on his car.

Back in the day, certain drivers refused to run Macon saying "you may not break at Macon but what are you going to break in the nights following racing at Macon?"

When you're in constant "balls deep" mode, you're gonna find the weakest link... 21st place finish...

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    When you constantly overdrive your equipment, failures are going to happen. Hence my comment about the car better be 100% new every time because you don't know what's been stressed in a prior race that's going to fail in the current race.
    And you can't expect me to believe that with 20 laps to go, all of a sudden Pierce is turning lap times around the top of the track a third of a second faster than everyone else he wasn't stressing things out on his car.

Back in the day, certain drivers refused to run Macon saying "you may not break at Macon but what are you going to break in the nights following racing at Macon?"

When you're in constant "balls deep" mode, you're gonna find the weakest link... 21st place finish...
    It's simple, he was just faster. Most of those guys were in cruise mode. Bobby has been known to beat his stuff to death at times, but this was not even close to being one of them. All parts fail eventually.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2