Default Southern all-stars return to cochran this saturday

The return of Super Late Model racing to Georgia's Dirt Track Battlefield Cochran Motor Speedway is set for the weekend of April 14 and 15. Our nation's oldest dirt super late model travel series, the Southern All-Stars, will be back at the 3/8ths mile clay track for a $10,000 to win main event on Saturday, April 15th. It will be the first appearance of the high powered, super fast late model series this season.

"We had a successful opener last weekend (April 1) with the Crate Racin USA guys," said promoter / owner Chris Martin. "Now we will bring in the supers for a show. We want to give the fans what they have been asking to see at the track. We want the fans to look to us for great racing shows."

Martin made the decision to slim the weekend down to a single night $10,000 to win show on Saturday night. The Friday portion of the show is now going to feature an open practice night.

"It is just too hard for the drivers, fans and even our staff to get here on a Friday night," explained Martin. "I decided to put our efforts into one great show on Saturday night."

Former Southern All-Star Series champion Billy Franklin along with Florida's Joseph Joiner were the most recent winners on the tour. Columbus, Georgia's Dalton Cook was the runner-up in each of those races. All three of these hot shoes have enjoyed success at Cochran Motor Speedway and should be looking forward to the show on Saturday, April 15th.

Joining the Southern All-Star Series Super Late Models will be the Vidalia Motorsports Late Model (602) Sportsman; the Chargers / Beginners (602); the Last Air & Electrical Bomber; the 602 Open Wheel Modifieds; the L&L Body Shop Pro Crown Vics and the Flemings Auto Jr. Crown Vics!

The gates to the pit area and the grandstand will open at 3pm with the Driver's Meeting scheduled for 6:30pm. Hot Laps will follow the Driver's Meeting.

Grandstand Tickets are $25; Kids age 6-10 are $10; Five & Under are free
    Pit Passes are $45; Kids age 6-10 are $25; Five & Under are free

Cochran Motor Speedway is located at 241 Jim Wimberly Road in Cochran, GA. Just off of US Highway 23 north of Cochran.

For information, visit the track website at www.cochranspeedway.com or call the track hotline at 478.456.4036

Just 7 classes then....should have no trouble getting home in time for dinner (on Sunday) 😁
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

Man I wish SAS would slide up a little further north to catch some of the Carolina tracks….like that series a bunch.
    And yes, I like Dewayne also.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

☝️☝️☝️☝️For some reason all they like is cherokee speedway in the carolinas

I wish they would look east of gaffney a little more.
    I’d like to see them roll into county line, lakeview,Fayetteville and even Sumter for some racing every now and then.

They have a bunch of history at Cherokee, I get that relationship ….just wish they would roll a little further eastward when they schedule events.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Crate.....crate......Crate......Crate......now I finally know how who and why Biden got voted in

Due to the heavy rains over the past twenty-four hours, forecasted additional rain today (Friday) and our community cleaning up from yesterday's tornado, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this weekend's Southern All-Stars race event. We will discuss a possible rescheduled date with series officials.

"I don't even know if I can get on the track later today (Friday)" said track owner/promoter Chris Martin. "It's a mess out there and I don't want to put on race with there being a possibility of the track not being right for the drivers or the facility being it's best for our fans."

Martin has not been lucky this season with this being yet another rained out event. He lost his season opener on two back to back weekends in March before holding off mother nature for an event at the beginning of April.

"I will make a decision on Sunday to see if we will add a show for next weekend," Martin added. "I have to see just how much damage we have out there before making any decision about next weekend. Our drivers and fans should keep an eye on our social media platforms for more information."

The track website will also be updated with schedule information. Visit www.cochranspeedway.com for all the news.