Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Yes, Kid we have been down this road several times. We know when BBQ have been defeated, he will tell us how bad unions are. He has already proven he will lie about unions to get even with me. look at the above post where he said the unions need to turn a profit. I think the company need to turn a profit not the union. All of the companies I have worked for the last 40 years are still in business. The last company I worked at was making 2 billion dollars a year for profit after paying union wages.

BBQ Posted: The people you did the repair/ installation work for overpaid because the union needs to turn a profit
    Some people are against unions and for me that's fine but, to belittle someone because they worked for a union to me doesn't make much sense. If I was fine with paying dues to have someone negotiate on my behalf why does anyone else have a problem with that. I mean to be honest it paid off for me

Because all middlemen add unnecessary cost to the end product or service that the general public pays for whether they believe in unions or not.……that’s what unions do…..middleman strong arming to get what they want.

To answer the belittling comment ……It would be like someone belittling someone else’s political beliefs. Why does that bother anybody enough to do that? They aren’t affected one bit but find the need to belittle?

It’s a trick question but hopefully you’ll see the point in it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Negotiate, lol……more like racketeering.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I didn't have anything to do with cell phones. No I never got a bachelor's degree. I hated school I mean that should be pretty obvious. Just look at my Grammar and spelling but, I was a good worker and a quick learner. I came to work on time, I worked when I got there, worked OT when needed, I wasn't one to call off work so, I figured out early on I didn't need a college degree. I just needed to work hard and show up to work
    I'm buying that. Gotta give you credit when credit is due. But unions in general suck.

Some contractor or whatever paying threw the nose for phone repair service. Government or what?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Belittling is just another sign of someone who has been defeated. Union dues are for expense that the union acquires. May it be for lobbyist, strike fund, lawyer fees, college funds, Family picnic, etc. Never have I received dividends from the union because they made a profit.

BBQ have a good night and have a good day at work tomorrow. The grandchildren are getting out of school early tomorrow and the wife and I will be watching them. We will be playing kickball, baseball, and riding dirt bikes. Have you ever seen an old man playing kickball? My neighbor got a good laugh yesterday when they got home from work. I kicked the ball and was running to first base when my grandson threw the ball at me to get me out. I ducked and the ball miss me, but I lost my balance and fell and landed on some landscaping rocks. Everybody got a good laugh from it, even me.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Kid, did you ever receive any dividends from the union?
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Belittling is just another sign of someone who has been defeated.
    Glad you admitted that Trump defeated you.

ss12, you certainly are not very good at this game.

Nope just a pension

You wouldn’t have ….those luxuries, trips and back door incentives are saved for the bosses and their families.

That was above your pay grade.

Belittling is just another sign of someone who has been defeated. Union dues are for expense that the union acquires. May it be for lobbyist, strike fund, lawyer fees, college funds, Family picnic, etc. Never have I received dividends from the union because they made a profit.

BBQ have a good night and have a good day at work tomorrow. The grandchildren are getting out of school early tomorrow and the wife and I will be watching them. We will be playing kickball, baseball, and riding dirt bikes. Have you ever seen an old man playing kickball? My neighbor got a good laugh yesterday when they got home from work. I kicked the ball and was running to first base when my grandson threw the ball at me to get me out. I ducked and the ball miss me, but I lost my balance and fell and landed on some landscaping rocks. Everybody got a good laugh from it, even me.
    Your kickball story is a lot like your 4m story….everybody gets a good laugh.

Hope you didn’t hurt yourself or the landscaping rocks…..congrats on the grandkid time.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Glad you admitted that Trump defeated you.
    Well this certainly backfired ….well done.

BBQ you keep bringing up that top brass gets those type of benefits and any reason why they shouldn't. It's no different than a CEO of a company having 3 houses a Yacht and a Private Jet. That' the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    I'm buying that. Gotta give you credit when credit is due. But unions in general suck.

Some contractor or whatever paying threw the nose for phone repair service. Government or what?
    Like I said they must not have minded that they had to pay more. They could have had another phone company do their work but, they didn't.

Like I said it's all different now with VOIP. Most companies now do it through their own IT employee's

Because the union isn’t a business and isn’t designed to turn a profit……those words were from you and SS.

CEO/Owner of a company takes most of the risks and should reap a higher percentage of the reward…..the union boss assumes zero risk and is supposedly there for your benefit.

Big differences there if you really believe what you’re saying about the union not being a broken, corrupt,unnecessary business.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    BBQ you keep bringing up that top brass gets those type of benefits and any reason why they shouldn't. It's no different than a CEO of a company having 3 houses a Yacht and a Private Jet. That' the way it works.
    A lifelong union guy telling a business owner how business works, lmao…..I’m familiar with those scenarios kid, I watch lifestyles of the rich and famous too.

Regardless of any of it, sounds like we all are doing ok we just took different paths to get where we wanted to be……I just hit 59 1/2 years old which means I can now get at some savings /investments without getting whacked or penalized so in essence I guess my pension just kicked in and I can be on easy street like you guys from now on.

My dad had me selling watermelons on the side of the road when I was 9 to make money for my first surfboard…..I’ve worked in the same industry since I was 23 right out of college and have owned a small side business with my wife and kids for the last 15 years….I’m familiar with hard work and how business works.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Well this certainly backfired ….well done.
    Generally speaking, most everything ss12 posts backfires, one way or another. Like I said, he’s not very good at this game, or kickball for that matter.

A lifelong union guy telling a business owner how business works, lmao…..I’m familiar with those scenarios kid, I watch lifestyles of the rich and famous too.

Regardless of any of it, sounds like we all are doing ok we just took different paths to get where we wanted to be……I just hit 59 1/2 years old which means I can now get at some savings /investments without getting whacked or penalized so in essence I guess my pension just kicked in and I can be on easy street like you guys from now on.

My dad had me selling watermelons on the side of the road when I was 9 to make money for my first surfboard…..I’ve worked in the same industry since I was 23 right out of college and have owned a small side business with my wife and kids for the last 15 years….I’m familiar with hard work and how business works.

Well I don't watch that show but, not surprised you do lol..........

Good for you and your family. I', glad it's working out for you.

I don’t think it’s aired in like 20 years or something like that……I’m sure you watched it unknowingly back in the day on one of your bi-hourly breaks in the company break room,lol.

Sounds like we are all doing ok, everyone can be thankful for that considering what kind of shape the world is in these days.

Hard working business owners are doing ok, just not as great when DJT was the president!

Facts are facts, when will the union members step up and fire the idiot boss in the White House?